Before you read further or place a bid, please make sure you can meet my expectations
1) Able to spend 50-100% of your time on my project
2) Able to deliver within the deadline you proposed. You stand to lose your expert guarantee if you fail to deliver within the time you state.
3) Able to provide status update at least once per week until completion
4) Available online or can be contacted by phone during working hours
5) Able to communicate fluently in voice using english, mandarin or cantonese. Most communications/discussions are expected to be conducted via voice, e.g. skype and then a summary for the agreed matters posted on vworker.
6) During development, there will be minor changes and design modifications that you are expected to accommodate, i.e. will be included in the cost.
7) If we work well together, you will expect further work on subsequent upgrades to this system as well as other related jobs.
8) You must be experienced in Drupal development.
9) Coder who can also develop Android applications using native SDK, required in this system will be preferred but not essential.
The entire project will be divided into smaller parts upon which we will work out a list of things to implement and you will provide a deadline for completion.
Here, I am seeking for a quotation for the complete project, from which we will divide it further and discuss the finer details.
You can expect payment upon completion of the smaller parts or list of work agreed upon.
See detailed requirements section for information on the actual project.
If you think you have what it takes to develop this system for me, when you place a bid or message, please provide evidence or prior work to proof that you have the technical capability to deliver the system I require. Best evidence is link to web sites or systems you have previously build. Or description of similar systems you have build and/or design documentation for the example system.
The best thing you can do to get this project is to provide a demo on a specific part of this system to demonstrate your skills.
We are building a parcel tracking system for a courier company who have specific business requirements. We have already designed the entire system on the user/admin level and have good idea how it should work. We also have made some non-professional design on the expected database structure
The coder is expected to go through our current design document and able to provide a high level design diagram as well as related documentation.
Preferably, the high level or technical design will be provided before coding begins to make sure we do not waste time on features that we don't want.
You are expected to provide suggestion on improvements/changes where appropriate to make the system work better.
At project completion, you will need to provide the high level design diagram, related documentation and source codes, such that any coders experienced in the field can pick-up where you left off and make improvements or implement new features on the system.
We are building this system on top of Drupal 7.
The entire system is expected to consists of several Drupal modules which will function together as a system, similar to Ubercart. It is important that these individual modules can be separately modified without affecting the system because this system will later be customized to suit other clients or as an generic parcel tracking system.
Some of the modules created in this project maybe open sourced to [url removed, login to view] under our company name but the majority will remain closed source.
Only a brief design is provide here. NDA is required before we provide the complete design of this system is disclosed.
We will only provide the complete design to coders who show genuine interest and have the technical capacity to deliver.
This system consists of two parts.
a) Server, i.e. Drupal based
b) mobile client, Android app based
It is expected that the mobile client, Android app will only be build after the Drupal based server is completed.
The Drupal based tracking system will consists of these components.
1) Online booking
2) Phone or no booking
3) Real time Parcel tracking, similar to DHL's, etc...
4) Customer quotation and calculation
5) Account management (Pre-paid, post-paid and admin user)
6) User address book
7) Voucher record system
8) Generate delivery label and manifest
9) Driver wage calculation
10) Report generation, e.g. delivery reports for specific driver or user
11) Drupal <-> Android communication
Two files are attached here for download
1) the database design
2) list of exisiting Drupal modules which we expect you to use and potential module structure that you may follow for this work