The task is to program a simple version of the game pacman. If you don't know the game here is a link to get an impression of the game :
[url removed, login to view]
We don't expect a perfect version of the game a simple and small version will be enough.
Our game should have the following features:
• The player controls the Pacman character, which can move in all four directions
• at all “unvisited” fields are coins that have to be collected by the player to win the current level.
• a graphical surface that is designed only by Swing and Graphics.
• program to move the character by keyboard using the arrow keys in real time
• the levels (of which there are 5) and you can make yourself, are to be read from
Files and with each level get harder and bigger.
• there are opponents who take one of the 3 lives of the player if touched. The current level restarts. If all 3 lives are gone, the game ends.
• the opponents move only in one direction until they run against a wall, then they randomly move towards one of the possible other directions. The movement of the opponent is independent of the player.
• each collected coin is worth 10 points. When the game is over (whether by finishing 5 levels or the end of all 3 lives) the score is displayed in a high score table in another file and is always updated and stored.
It does not require smooth animation (it is therefore enough if the character “jumps” from field to field) or difficult graphics (colored circles and squares are enough!).
The game should be programmed object-oriented.
Furthermore there should be a help for the player:
• Press the 'G' key to win the current level.
• by pressing the 'R' key, all opponents are gone
You may only use the standard Java classes, but from those any you wish.
And very important don't forget to comment your programming steps so we can understand it easier.
Here is useful method that you could possibly use:
[url removed, login to view] (): Returns the current time in milliseconds