PRIVATE PROJECT FOR KIEFER
-Install layout engine and asset manager to provide consistency through website.
-Allows developers a centralized location for all layout, views and assets (i.e. js css music files).
Expected Usage for layout views and assets
- Controller example
- short description of each database function, tables and fields relationship with each other and other databases.
- Maintain Enterprise security and future expandability
- Fast loading speeds
- Optimized rendering performance
and all of its dependent files be dynamically rendered
- Layout should provide inheritance features allowing developers to make sub layouts that are only slightly different. This
enables the reuse of code and once again provides a central point of management.
- Assets should also be inheritable. Layouts may require different assets as well as share common assets
- Be built around a consistent folder structure that encourages common file naming practices
- Allow for dynamic folder structure. This will allow changes in the folder structure while maintaining a single point of management
- Must be a separate module. (Use codeigniters third_party plugin feature to develop a layout/asset manager plugin)
- Allow modification of assets to enable features such as minification, obfuscation, parsing (i.e. lessCss).
- Must Cache asset requests for speed. Allowing users to visit pages quickly.
engine should be able to insert the right image based on the current layout (It should also determine the appropriate file based on layouts inheritance settings)
- Documentation must be provided. This is necessary due for communication between developers. Communication and Consistency is
important in maintaining a an Enterprise standard application