We have a simple Flash game in an Facebook App Tab, placed on a Facebook Page, where individual players can play, and get a score which is a number. The person who gets the highest score nation-wide will be a winner. However, we want to create some additional exitment but making the game more social.
1/ This is a an important view, on which we will be able to see the following:
- Highest score done by any user of the game during the period in question.
- Highest of the user.
- Latest score of the user.
- Score of the friends of the users who have the top 10 scores.
2/ All the above will be shown with name and picture of the corresponding player beside each of the scores.
3/ Beside each of the friends, there will be a button that user can click to challenge the corresponding friends. If he clicks this button, a facebook notification will be sent to the corresponding friend that he has been challenged, showing the highest score of the friend in question.
4/ We will have a button that user can press, and then be taken to choose on or many of his friends, and then to send them a Facebook Nofification same as of the point #3.
Scores view integration with the Flash game:
1/ We will have the score sheet as one tab in the Page.
2/ When entering the Flash game tab, the user can play. Once the game is over, the Flash program will send an event and the score as variable. Then there are 2 possibilities:
- Either the user is playing for the first time, in which case, there will be a pop-up of a Lightbox kind of window showing him his score, and asking to authorize the Application to register his score.
- If the user is already authorized, then the score sheet is display as a "Lightbox" on top of Flash.
We need to create 2 tables on the database:
1/ user table, which will contain all user Facebook information as well as information related to liking page, and authorization provided by user.
- Facebook ID (Primary Key).
- Facebook name.
- Facebook First Name.
- Facebook Middle Name.
- Facebook Family Name.
- Facebook Link.
- Facebook Gender.
- Facebook Locale.
- Status like. Yes/No.
- Date first access of authorization.
- Authorization 1: yes/no
- Authorization 2: yes/no...
2/ gaming table (name should be a parameter we could change), where we will store all the score and game activity of the user. Please note that we may have several waves of the game (like a wave every 2 weeks), and hence we need to store also the information about the wave on which events happen for some of the information.
- Facebook ID (Primary Key).
- Hightest score.
- Highest score date.
- Latest score.
- Latest score date.
- Latest score phase.
- Number of times played (in total).
- Number of friends challenged (in total).
Other Technical specifications:
- MySQL database.
- Should be test on Window Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Mac Safari, Firefox, Chrome.