Smarter Practices E-Newsletter
MSI Global Alliance will be launching an e-newsletter titled ‘Smarter Practices' targeted at our North American membership. This publication may in future be one of a series i.e. there may be additional titles in the future such as ‘Smarter Marketing' or ‘Smarter Technology'.
2. Required Skills & Experience
The designer should also be able to demonstrate experience in design and coding for email marketing.
In phase one of the project, the designer should provide two PSD files so that we have a choice of preferred design.
Although the e-newsletter will be updated in Dreamweaver and distributed via MailChimp (which will handle some of the legal compliance issues e.g. opt in/out), the design should adhere to best practice guidelines as below:
• Should use the MSI logo and any supporting imagery and slogan ‘Together we are stronger SM'
• Use of correct MSI blue colour
• Use of Arial font
• Fresh, simple approach to design.
• Width: Maximum 600 pixels
• Two column layout (though happy to consider other suggestions!)
• Use of tables (not CSS) for layout
• Use of spacer GIFs to force table cells to work
• Key points are visible in the Outlook preview pane
• All article titles should be hyperlinked.
• Designed for optimum rendering in Outlook 2003 email client
• Use of valid HTML or XHTML
• Inclusion of DOCTYPE definition and character encoding tag
• No external CSS stylesheet – CSS should be included in the email body
• Use of CSS styles in the email body (within the BODY tag, not the HEAD tag) and use of inline styles
• Link to a web version
• No background images
• Use of ALT tags
• Newsletter will use text where possible, rather than just images with text on
• Where possible, main images used should be hosted on MSI's web server and linked to
• Banner image to include Smarter Practices title, MSI logo & suitable North American / practice management related imagery
• Forward to a Friend link
• Bookmarked content index
• Space for salutation e.g. ‘Dear Mike'
• Main article with large image, title, short 150 character summary and link to ‘more'
• ‘Guest Editor' section: Title, thumbnail photo, short description (150 character summary)
• Allocation of space for 4 supporting articles each with thumbnail image, title, short 150 character summary and link to ‘more'
• Allocation of space for ‘Benchmarking Survey' section: Image (please provide one), title