PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO PROPERLY READ THIS PROJECT POST BEFORE REPLYING.
We have just completed a website for a client of ours that uses a video lightbox system.
[url removed, login to view]
On this page the video lightbox is activated by pressing the ' >> Click Here To Watch ' on the ' Stroke - The Quiet Killer ' slide located in the main picture box just under the main menu.
Although this video lightbox system works well overall there are 2 key areas that we would like to be fixed.
These are :
1 ) When the screen dims and the video box appears it must be at a perfect vertical and horizontal centre.
Currently when the video box appears it is perfectly centered horizontally but vertically it is not in the centre of the page.
See [url removed, login to view] which is included in [url removed, login to view]
2 ) When the user clicks the ' >> Click Here To Watch ' on the ' Stroke - The Quiet Killer ' slide located in the main picture box just under the main menu the WHOLE screen must dim and then the video must appear and remain in the centre even if the user scrolls the browser bar up and down.
Currently if the user scrolls down the webpage slightly and then clicks the ' >> Click Here To Watch ' on the ' Stroke - The Quiet Killer ' slide button, the top 20% of the screen is undimmed and whilst the other 80% has been dimmed and the video lightbox itself is positioned just off the screen.
Overall the video lightbox looks terrible at the moment.
Note : also on the homepage is a section called ' Welcome Letter '. If you click on this section the lightbox for the welcome letter it self works perfectly … This is exactly how we want the video lightbox to function.
Please see the graphic ( [url removed, login to view] ) which is included in the [url removed, login to view] and shows very clearly exactly what happens as described above.
Please download file from Scriptlance : [url removed, login to view]
THE TWO AREAS HIGHLIGHTED ABOVE ARE THE 2 KEY AREAS THAT NEED TO BE FIXED / COMPLETED FOR THIS PROJECT.
Included in the [url removed, login to view] is a folder called ' video ' in this folder are all the .js files that you will need to work with edit/update as part of this project.
Important Note : We will not be giving you the FTP details for this website … You must set up your own test page and then make all of the changes to the files included in the ' video ' folder. When you have fixed all of the files in this folder and they are working perfectly in your sample, you must post an online sample for me to view. When I have seen that this is functioning properly all you need to do to complete the project is then send me the updated ' video ' folder.
The reason we do not want to provide any FTP details for this site is that we had previously hired a programmer to fix this problem as described above but instead of actually properly fixing the files inside the ' video ' folder they simply made some changes to our website so that the video box work well on that page but when the website itself was updated the video reverted back to its original unsatisfactory display.
We do not want this to happen again … And must emphasise strongly that all of your work must be completed with in the files included in the ' video ' folder.
JUST FOR YOUR REFERENCE ( SEE BELOW )
This videobox has 3 areas that make it work :
1 ) Code added to the <head> of each webpage :
2 ) ' video ' folder and all associated files are copied to the website root directory.
3 ) The following code is added to the ' >> Click here to watch ' button on the webpage :
<a href="#" title="caption" onclick="[url removed, login to view]('[url removed, login to view]','Stroke - The Quiet Killer','vidbox width height');">>> Click Here To Watch</a>
Another way to get the video lightbox to launch is to use the following code :
[url removed, login to view]" rel="vidbox
IMPORTANT NOTE - the best way to show me that you are the right person for the job is to post a sample showing the fixed video lightbox functioning exactly as we would like. If you take the time to create this sample posted online and send us a link … This will most certainly show us you are the right person for the job.
Best Regards - Jason A Ford - Mission Design