We would like to make use of the DropBox API to allow users of our web application to upload and share large files with other users of our app. All users are authenticated.
1) User enters their dropbox login details (to be optionally encrypted and stored on our server)
2) Java upload widget (with ability to handle very large file sizes) permits user to upload to their DropBox account
3) Return URL for sharing.
4) Provide users with an indicator of space remaining in their dropbox account
5) Make use of file UID to allow user to manage sharing permissions.
6) Permit deletion of uploaded files
Web app is built on PHP/MySQL platform.
What we need:
Advise on what data fields are needed for DropBox integration. We'll create these in our DB.
File Sharing PHP class with these functions (please advise on input variables required).
- create drop-box account (return whatever is needed for future access)
- get drop-box account space used - advise on (return FLOAT in MB)
- get drop-box account space remaining (return FLOAT in MB)
- upload file to dropbox account (return array - VARCHAR sharing URL and file's DropBox UID)
- delete file from dropbox account by file's DropBox UID (return BOOL success indicator)
- check that file exists by file's DropBox UID (return BOOL yes or no).
File upload widget using Java/PHP - must be able to handle large file sizes and be easily placed on any web page without using iFrames - interface dimensions to not exceed 250 X 300.
** only one file at a time ** - multipe concurrent file upload not ecessary
- select file
- select dropbox account
- progress monitor
- permit CSS styling
5 freelancers are bidding on average $827 for this job
It's very interesting to go through the specification you have provided. It will be great to work for your project. Looking forward to work with you.