Outsourcing of website and t-shirt design studio tailored to specifications defined in the RFP and/or discovery.
This project will call for the creation of an interactive website. The main goal of the project is to offer an improved interface and design by utilizing all of the positive aspects of competitors' sites and incorporating them into CMW’s site. The website will also serve as a stepping stone for additional, but similar sites
Online – The main competitors of this website will be those that offer their customers the ability to create customized t-shirts online. These sites also offer unique pre-made tees.
Spreadshirt – [url removed, login to view]
CafePress – [url removed, login to view]
Zazzle – [url removed, login to view]
Initial Functional Requirements
The t-shirt design program will be designed using Macromedia Flash or similar technology. The site will be tested on internet browsers such as IE, Firefox, Netscape, and Mozilla in various resolutions. The site will require uploading of image files (e.g. jpg, gif) with formatting for easy application to t-shirt.
CMW will target the ages 18-29, [url removed, login to view] type audience and the general public, such as sports teams, school activities and non-profit organizations.
An eye-catching and interactive webpage design with pictures of models wearing the t-shirts is necessary to catch the interest of the target audience(s). Possibly some scanning of other items will have to be done, as defined in scope and SOW. A well-planned layout of the website will be vital in the success of the project.
• Website to incorporate CSS for easy modifications, such as seasonal changes.
• The site must be easy to use and also to navigate.
• The t-shirt design studio must be very powerful in the features that it offers yet quick and easy to use.
o The design studio will update t-shirt pricing in real-time as graphics and text are added and removed (also pertains to shirt style selection.)
• The site must accept physical/electronic gift cards and coupons.
• Newly designed shirts by users will be displayed on the main page and offered for sale, if authorized by users (simple check box authorization during creation.)
• User’s account will save all created designs.
• Site will accept all forms of electronic payment, such as Credit Cards, PayPal and money orders.
• Customers can become affiliates with self-generating website and ID Code.
Budgets and Resource
CMW will gauge the expenditure for this project phase based on accumulating quotes from multiple vendors.
Services that are necessary will be:
• T-shirt Designer programmed and implemented,
• Scanning and imaging of all graphics on the site,
• Search Engine Optimization,
• Web Design,
• Testing for browsers, screen resolutions, and connection speeds, and
• Creation of customer database, if not provided in shopping cart.
After acceptance of proposal the project should be completed within 120 days. SOW should contain milestones, SLA and project management methodology.
After the launch
Routine maintenance and upgrades to sites may be required to keep the site fresh and full of content. It is necessary to keep the site’s appearance from becoming stagnated. Vendor proposal's should be available for such a request - please provide suggested solution and hourly rates.
• Proposals should include all requirements that are to be meet and a cost by line item.
• Proposals should include qualifications and site references.