What we have:
Professional design with Illustrator files
Penny Auction Clone Script - [url removed, login to view]
What we need:
We expect you to take the design files and script we have and create a penny auction website with full administrative environment.
Modification of the script to include the following:
• Absolutely flawless operation. I can't stress this enough! Most scripts have bugs in them, the product you deliver must not have any. The script we own has 1 known issue: when a user purchases bids, they are not automatically credited to that user's account. We'll require a 48 hour beta testing period before final payment is released.
• Run only one auction at a time, must operate the same as Quibids auctions do but there will be only one auction running at a time.
• Auction timer functionality - the auction timer will count down from a time that we set in the admin section. When the timer gets below a certain number of seconds and someone bids, the timer will be reset to that number of seconds. We must be able to set all these times from the admin section. We also want to build in 1 second of time when the timer is on zero seconds before the auction ends to account for latency in people's connections. The auction timer must be fully editable from the admin section including time to countdown from and time to reset to.
• Referral tracking system (for example, let your friends know about the site and get free bids when they buy bids). This needs to be integrated with Facebook, Twitter and they should be able to manually enter email addresses. If we can integrate this feature with webmail clients (gmail, hotmail, yahoo mail), that would be great.
• Automatic bidding system like BidOMatic on Quibids, we want it to randomly cycle through those that are using the auto bidding system and bid at a random time between 10 and 2 seconds.
• Bidding history like on Quibids (it will be on a separate page though)
• Shopping cart integration and setup
• Hosting setup, setup our email using Google apps (approximately 5 addresses)
What we expect:
We expect a fully functioning, live website utilizing our design exactly as it appears in the design files and with the features we want, functioning the way we tell you. The site must be tested and capable of handling extremely high traffic volumes without crashing or having any impact to the auction. We also expect the website to be completely secure and to not be vulnerable to any of the most common attacks. This is crucial and expect you to will take it very seriously.
We will require you to sign a legally binding non-disclosure and non-compete agreement. If you're not comfortable with that or don't know what those are, please don't submit a proposal. Your code must be written with American best practices and English commenting. You must not encrypt any portion of the code you develop for us and must deliver 100% of the code you write at the end of the project. There is a significant amount of ongoing programming work that we have lined up for the right person if they do this project well.
Notice: Do not bid if you cannot deliver a top notch product. We expect a truly expert level programmer experienced in website security best practices, ecommerce best practices and script programming.