PHP expert needed to quickly review two PHP scripts and understand where and how to make script changes we need within 24 hours of accepting the project.
We have two (2) original PHP scripts that query a MySQL database on a Linux server and display the results in a custom format with pagination.
One script is 44KB with 936 lines of code, the second script is 7KB with 114 lines of code.
The original programmer is not available to make changes.
We cannot send you copies of the PHP scripts until you are selected for this project, but we can answer specific questions and you can see the working search application here: <[url removed, login to view]>
Here are the changes we need:
* In the Advanced Search form, we need all main product categories to appear in the drop-down box. There is a CRON job that executes a PHP script daily, updating the products and categories in our database. When categories are added or deleted, these need to appear in the drop-down box.
* Categories have sub-categories. Those sub-categories should not appear in the drop-down box, but products in sub-categories should be searched when searching their parent categories.
* The Product Code -- a database field -- should be searchable as a parameter in keyword searches.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).