I am developing a web app that needs to use ajax often. while i have mastered the effects of scriptaculous, i cannot seem to get the hang of prototype. my two main issues are :
1. how do i submit a form that is in an element or DOM that was requested via ajax?
2. how do i use the scriptaculous autocompleter in a form that was requested with ajax?
im basically looking for some example code that i can grab what i need to use on my own. i would like the example to be formatted as follows:
- one html page with two divs: one static, and another to be filled with returned request data (i'll call it the dynamic div).
first step - first the page only has a link in the static div; on clicking this link loads a form into the dynamic div. this form consists of one textbox, one selectbox, a scriptaculous autocompleter and one submit button.
- onclicking continue i want those form iputs to be printed to the screen and put in hidden inputs. below the items there should be two submit buttons: one edit, and one continue.
- on clicking edit, you return to the first step with the submitted values back in their original form elements (one text box, one select box, and one autocompleter).
all this is to take place totally asynchronously. the main html page should never be reloaded. i also need the script that processes the forms to be written in php.i understand data will be sent to and from the server, and when it hits the server, i want it to be processed by php.
this should be a very easy gig. i dont really care about the data; theres no need to do any sort of validation, as i can handle that on my own. i just need to see the coding that allows one to submit forms with prototype ajax, and also call a working scriptaculous autocompleter in a form that can also be submitted with prototype ajax.