Hello to all capable freelance web coders and developers, I am looking for a talented male or female web2.0 web developer.
I am setting up a TinyURL Service, and have had this idea for a very long time and wish I got in much earlier, but am still very keen on the project. This is more like a hobby project to me.
I am looking for:
* A very current and able coder/designer who is familiar with all the latest languages and implementing them, although they will only be used occasionally in members are etc and main page
* A very creative mind to be able to come up with an DIFFERENT layout for the site.
* the actual GFX part will be done by myself upto 95% such as logos, icons etc and I already HAVE THE SCRIPT so it is more of just an ALTERING SCRIPT PROJECT, NOT A WHOLE SCRIPT DONE FROM SCRATCH.
* I have another script which allows the user to choose thheir pwn custom tinyURL if they like, so the hardest part of this whole thing is stuff like this, take that code and alter it to fit into our new script (I have looked at the section, and it is fairly basic just adding 1 more table to the DB and using a text area and a few lines of code to save the custom letters to that members DB, then it will simply use an easy code to call it back with all other members shortURLs in the members area.
Here is the main script you will be working with (There is demo and admin demo)
[url removed, login to view]
Scipt: Advanced URL Script + No Encryption Add-On
I also have other ones, mainly 1 other commercial script I bought ages ago with a site that we will be using the fit the custom URL codes in, other than that it should stay the same and if any more changes come up we will negotiate for them, though I think it will be fine as I hsve been planning this for years as I said so I know what features I want.
If you go and look at:
[url removed, login to view]
you will see the light colors which will be changed (not the same but you get the idea of nice easy on the eyes colors and I will be doing all the logos and gfx it will be just upto you to fit them in ti the code, though I will make them to the measurements you specify if there is certain heightXwidth the logo (for eg.) has to be to fit without too much work...
The colurs on the original script MUST go and some changes to the look of it, which as I said you will get mny ideas from [url removed, login to view] and I can show you other sites for a sppecific look, which alot of them are easier to code and habdle anyway than the original.
1) I Have the script and other code that will be added for the extra custom URL feature.
2) This is an Overhaul/Redesign project, not making a tinyURL site from scratch, and I WILL BE DOING 95% GFX AND ICONS, the only parts I will not be doing is certain rounded edged tables etc as you will be more familiar with sizes and html layout from working with code - and there will not be much of type of things anyway. There will ne some use of shadows around text areas and tables etc a bit like [url removed, login to view] but overall the whole PROJECT WILL ENTAIL ADJUSTMENTS OF SMALL NATURE THROUGHOUT THE FRONT AND MEMBERS ARE (Not Reall Admin Area, if so we can negotiate price on that extra), though if the custom URL feature needs a admin section as no doubt it will have something to show what was used (maybe, depending how the orriginal script is set out - of course this will be part of the proejct, but no adjustments to layout or color etc will occur in admin area at the moment).
3) I will lend a hand with almost any graphics work you may need if you spot something that would look good, so I am available to take the labour costs out of the gfx work, even if you need a certain background cut to size or shadow for a repeat effect around a text area for example. MOST graphics work can be done if you get me the specifics.
4) I hate the colour and some of the layout of the script we are using, so this is most of the project, just re-creating CSS files to change the look and feel, as it already uses CSS so it is more quality over the quantity of work for most of this part of the project\
5) Developer must have fast knowledge in readying PHP/mySQL for looking for spots in the scripy that need a change of layout etc, though most of this will be with added html and css. Must be fluent in php/mySQL for adjusting script and adding mySQL when needed.
7) MUST have a good understanding of english so you know exactly what I mean when I show you a certain feature etc. WE will be working closely together on the script, mainly at the beginning so I know you have an understanding of what look I am going for. YOU MUST USE YOUR OWN IDEAS, if something looks good to you, let me know or if you have an idea to make something better than I have allready said something different, you need to be the type to use your own SKILLS and tell me better and quicker and most importantly - more SECURE and Stronger ways of writting or adjusting a certain element.
- If you have a Script of your own that is BETTER and will be easier to adjust then the Advanced one I have please letme know. I want this project to be one that is adjusting an alreadu working script with lots of features as to not spend $100's writing a script from scratch or starting out with a Free or Cheap Script, which is why I went with the $100 script that has almost all the features we need, just not the look. it is not profesional enough - aand that is your job here on this project.
WHAT WILL GET THIS JOB IS: Not 10yrs experience in PHP etc (though it may if yu have that Edge needed to work to look at another site's styles and apply your own creativity to make something... NOT A CLONE) We are after s combination of ideas, features and layouts that will make a Short URL Site that is NOT bland and the same as all the rest. This combination of your different prpgramming languages, template art and layout structure is what WILL get this project...
BY THE WAY PLEASE EXCUSE MY SPELLING IT IS TOTALLY DARK HERE. AND ALSO I HAVE A TENDENCY TO RANT AND RAVE, But if you are interested in this type of project it will give clues as the type of website I'm after.
OH ONE LAST THING, I'M NOT A RICH MAN, THIS IS A HOBBY OF MINE TO CREATE A SHORT URL SITE THAT HAS CLASS AND NOT JUST A TEXT AREA TO TYPE and a LOGO with 7 php pages, I wanted something that will last and live on, and as the main progrsmmer you of course will get ALL future work involving this website as I think of new ideas, aswell as my other sites I am currently in the process of beginning right after this. SO That said, another main fact in getting this project is my Budget, I am no millionaire website fortune maker (not in that least, as I said this is my hobby for now) SO Money and Bid Price will also ne a KEY for who is chosen, aslong as you are not ah amateur and are a professional freelancer and looking to expand your knowledge and [ractice your skills while also working with someone else here and there when you need a logo or something in the gfx department that you can not do youself - that being said there is alot I cannot do also - I am a logo and layour buttons are my specialty, aswell as icons and placing the right colors for a layout.
OK MY RAMBLE IS OVER, YOU HAVE ENOUGH BANTER AND COMMON INFORMATION TO GET THIS JOB DONE NOW. SO PLEASE ASK AWWAY YOUR Q'S BY PMB, SHOW UR STUFF AND BID ACCORDINGLY - THIS IS A ALREADY WRITTEN SCRIPT THAT WILL HAVE SOME CHANGES ADDED IN HEX COLOR, LAYOUT STYLE AND SOME CODE ADDED AND REMOVED!
THANKS FOR LISTENING TO MY LATE NIGHT RANT ON HOW I WRITE WHAT I NEED WHEN A PROJECT NEEDS DOING... I TYPE AS IT COMES TO MIND< THERE IS NO PRE-WRITTEN STUFF HERE JUST IDEAS AS THEY COME BACK TO ME SO READ CAFEFULLY.
P/S - ALL WORK IN THE END BELONGS TO ME ALONE, AND YOU WILL NEED TO SIGN A BRIED CONTRACT TO THAT EFFECT THAT MEANS YOU CANNOT USE IT IN ANY FUTURE WORK, ALL WORK WILL BELONG TO THE WEBSITE AND MYSELF (THANKS TO YOU) AND NOT TO BE CHANGED A BIT AND SOLD... WELL MOST OF IT WILL BE SOMEONE ELSES COMMERICAL SCRIPT ANYWAY AND i DONT THINK IT WILL CHANGE ENOUGH TO SELL IT AS ANOTHER COMPLETE SCRIPT. ALSO YOU ARE NOT TO USE IT FOR ANY PROJECTS ASKING FOR A SHORTURL SCRIPT.
GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY BIDING. aLSO THERE IS NO TIME FRAME ON THIS PROJECT, SO MAKE IT LIKE YOUR BACKUPP PROJECT IF YOU LIKE- ANYTHING THAT CAN SAVE ME SOME MONEY (BUT NOT AT THE EXPENSE OF PROFESSIONALISM)