A small, not-for-profit and poverty-stricken on-line magazine needs help finalizing its renewed web site and design. Site recently converted to cms from manual. It needs a bit of a facelift, too.
There are smaller tasks, such as re-arranging existing page components; adding an RSS as well as links to Facebook and Twitter; re-design a page, outside cms, to conform to general web site appearance; design one or two themes, refining existing themes and so forth.
A greater challenge may involve coding to display a specific graphic with (i) a general category of content or (ii) specific content items.
Also needed is aide with general layout and colour scheme. We aim for bright, appealing and readable, without flash or visual noise. This is not a hard-sell site, it's add-free, hoping to maintain decorum and dignity, without being boring.
You'll also have to explain how you did what you, for our future reference. What files to access, locations, lines and, specifically, what code to use. Explanation is an essential element of this project.
Required abilities include Demonstrable knowledge and skill must include CSS3 and XHTML5 (W3C validation required); Code Igniter, Jquery and LAMP; PHP; a good sense of design and a good eye for symmetry, colour matching and so forth. We seek sleek, up-to-date, but not at all flashy or visually loud.
During the terms of the project, you must be readily available and responsive, within reason; patient; open to developing a two-way working relationship, as a one-way “do this or do that” style isn't effective, we must work together and you must unquestionably adhere to deadlines.
Deadline is 3-5 days, maximum, after project awarded. Message me, via Scriptlance, for more web site information and details. It's hoped the simpler parts of the project will be done first and escrow released as these parts are completed.
Although cost is a principal concern, we will find a way to balance your ability, knowledge and skill with our capacity to pay a fair fee. Payment is via Scriptlance escrow, only.
We hope to award project and establish escrow in 3 days, with completion 3 days thereafter. Escrow may be released as project parts are completed, satisfactorily.
Although we prefer the project go to one bidder, you may bid on individual tasks. (See below) By-task bids may involve shorter or longer time frames.
Please link us to your references and several samples of your work.
It's probably best if you see the old and the newer versions of the web site. E-mail for URLs. The tasks may be easier to comprehend, once you're seen the sites.
We reserve the right not to award the project.
1. Re-design one page to fit new web site design; ask for details.
2. Relocate “Topics” under flag, where gray line lies, and horizontally; list 3-4 topics; refreshable; this may need two rows.
3. Relocate current “Topics” box from left to right side, leaving gray background; I wish to insert content, manually, as necessary.
4. “Most Popular” area ostensibly set up to display most recently added articles, but doesn't seem to work; must be checked and verified working; ideally, display articles added from the preceding six days, only.
5. Originally, a short author bio appeared the top of the right-column of the article display page, now it doesn't; this needs checking and fixing, as necessary;
6. Place Facebook and Twitter links on all public pages; immediately to right of flag, centre page, stacked (?), on main page, article pages, breaking news page and others.
7. Install a RSS.
8. Display a specific graphic with (i) a general category of content or (ii) specific content items; this likely requires much explanation, which we can do via e-mail.
9. Create general “winter,” “St Patrick Day” and “Valentine Day” themes, consistent with flag and new web site design
10. Redesign “summer,” “Halloween,” “Thanksgiving” and “New Year's Eve” themes.
11. Develop a general web site design.
12. Tasks, which arise along the way, will be negotiated♠ and fairly compensated.