We have a WordPress popup plugin which we distribute in two versions, namely Lite (free) and Premium (paid). A SL programmer developed it for is and used to look after it (upgrade it etc.), but he's since found fixed employment and no longer has the time.
What we need is someone to take the plugin and iron out a few bugs, and upgrade it to be compatible with the latest version of WordPress. Basically we want the following things taken care of:
1. Upgrade to be compatible up to WP 3.2
2. Increase “immunity” to outside influences (from themes or other plugins)
4. A problem has been reported where, when the page overlay is used with the modal popup, the overlay sometimes appears without the popup.
5. We have had reports of platinumpopup not working with IE and one or two other browsers, but they were few and far between. It would be worthwile nevertheless to check for and correct cross-browser compatibility (with as many browsers as possible).
6. For the “Show to Users” options under “Show Triggers” add an option “All Visitors.” Default should still be “Administrators Only.”
7. If “Advanced Effect” is selected under “Popup Appear Effect” and “Popup Disappear Effect” in the “Effects” section, new settings appear with this text included: “(check demos here and here)”. This text and links must also be added after the “Fly In From” and “Fly Out To” options.
8. In the right column under “Footer Link” the “Remove the Footer Link” and “Add Your Affiliate ID to the Footer Link” options must be disabled in the Lite (free) version, with both of them unselected.
9. Anything else you might suggest that needs correcting.
We can't really show examples of the errors that have appeared due to incompatibilities etc, since they are mostly on clients' sites and most have deactivated the plugin pending a fix from our side. There are plenty causes of the errors - incompatibilities with several other plugins, themes etc, and incompatibility with the latest versions of WordPress.
We need someone who is truly an expert in WordPress and WP plugin design to fix this plugin for us. You must be able to design/fix a complex plugin and recognize buggy code and errors in your sleep! ;)
We can make the existing code available to serious bidders (bona fide programmers), if that would help to estimate the bid.