We have a draft of a simple website with a panel-controlled gallery. The current version is here: [url removed, login to view]
There is a control panel for uploading/deleting images, resizing thumbs and images, selecting the speed of ‘marching’ thumbs. Pls check it at //gal_konfig.php. Sorry its in Polish now, but Im sure you will easily figure out the main features.
A couple of upgrades are needed to bring this site up to speed. I will try to be as specific as possible:
1) The webpage menu and text elements should be easily customizable (via a txt file) and all added/removed menu positions and pages should be included in the gallery control panel.
2) A drop down list to choose the a pre-set space between thumbnails (narrow, normal, wide, extra wide) should be included in the control panel.
3) The thumbnails should keep W:H proportions the of the original photo
4) The control panel should be password-protected.
5) The large photo (the one appearing just below Apartment in Krakow) should be nicely positioned within the frame and its lower part (superimposed on the camera-film frame) should show the fadeout effect on all pages (see /[url removed, login to view]). There should be no empty black margins (see page entry photo /[url removed, login to view] as the ‘good’ example and /[url removed, login to view] for WRONG example )
6) The first photo in the row of wandering thumbs is to be displayed as large photo on each page entry before any thumb is moused-over.
7) After a thumb is moused-over, the large photo is to be replaced with the photo of a thumb that was moused-over.
8) All horizontal middle-sized photos should be automatically resized to fit exactly in the existing 4:3 cell (see /[url removed, login to view])
9) All vertical middle-sized photos should be automatically vertically resized to fit vertically in the existing 4:3 cell.
10) Add captions to all images using the control panel (selectable font size and color).
11) I would expect the site will be carefully betatested so all we would have to do is to insert text, photos and captions.
I would also need to modify some graphic data (phone No., title etc.) and add corresponding pages in English (same graphics, different text+captions).
The site is hosted on a linux+php server.
I am afraid I do not know much about whether the current code is neat/easy to upgrade. In case the site needs rewriting from scratch, I wouldn’t mind re-creating a simple site similar to the current one by using/adjusting an existing free/not-very-expensive template.
Hope this is pretty much all the info I could supply. Pls let me however know if you will need anything else for your quote.