We need a script or scripts (PHP/MySQL would be our preference) that searches a section of Craigslist and parses and saves data that matches our search criteria into tables in a MySQL database. The script then searches a third-party site or multiple sites for listings that match one of the fields from the Craigslist data and updates the database with the URL of the listing or NULL if no listing is found.
1) Script searches the Autos section of Craigslist for all ads that are for cars with a V8 motor.
2) Script looks for date posted, street address, phone numbers and email addresses (Craigslist or private) in those ads.
3) Script creates a record in the database that contains
- Url of the Ad - 'URL' in database table
- Date Posted - 'Date' in database table
- Craigslist City - 'City' in database table
- Street Address - 'Address' in database table
- Email Address(s) - 'Email' in database table
- Phone Number(s) - 'Phone' in database table
- Ad Text - 'Text' in database table
4) When the script has fully parsed existing Craigslist posts it then searches 'SITE B' for any listings that contain that street address.
5) Script updates each record in the database and in the 'listing' field either enters the URL of the listing it found or enters 'No Listing'
It would be best if the Craigslist Script could be run separately from the second script so that the database could be refreshed and the data could be confirmed as needed. We would like to have an HTML or PHP form where we could dictate the criteria for the search, trigger the Craigslist search, trigger the second search/data refresh and export the data as a .CSV or similar format that can be exported to Excel. I will provide the front end form to the winning bidder if necessary.
We have a VPS account with Hostgator where we will host the script(s) and database and will create a CPanel/FTP account for use during development. When development is complete we will move the script to a new server for production use.
This should be fairly simple for a well-qualified programmer with LAMP experience. Just simple data mining. I have a fair amount of PHP/MySQL knowledge, so I can provide detailed specifications on our requirements to the winning bidder.
6 freelancers are bidding on average $500 for this job
PHP professionals available for your project. Please check PMB for details
how many sites you need to scrap? please provide the list of the websites you need to scrap. thanks
Hi sir, with luck your project is very similar to the project we have done before. You can see the project "extractor" in my profile. We are ready to work on it, and we are convinced to help you finish this project i Daha Fazla