We are looking for a skilled programmer who can communicate in English with our entire team to ultimately solve the problems encountered and help deliver a solidly-engineered solution on an aggressive schedule.
Your particular role in these projects will be producing production-grade and easy to maintain code.
1) Great coding skills. Code that is solid, production-grade and easy to maintain should be what you do by default.
2) A personal pride and commitment to delivering quality, tested software, no matter what it is.
3) 1+ year experience with MongoDb.
4) 2+ years experience with Magento & PHP.
5) 1+ year experience with git source control.
6) Solid English communication skills, both verbal and written (we will be communicating for weekly progress reports via email, IM, and/or Skype).
7) Possess the ability to both project budgets & timelines AND hit them.
8) A cool person who is fun to be around and work alongside and is passionate.
We will assign you tickets & versions (aka tasks) in a web-based project management system (Redmine). You will estimate the time/budget for each ticket or group of tickets. We will approve or decline your budget. We will pay you in full after the successful completion of the task(s). We only pay for completed, quality, tested, functioning code/tickets.
When applying, be sure to address the following:
1) How much time you can currently contribute to our projects (and in the future)?
2) What is your standard hourly rate?
3) What is your Magento experience to date (include timelines and examples)?
4) What is your experience with MongoDb to date?
5) What is your experience with git to date?
6) What day and time (EDST, GMT -4) are you available to complete a short, ~1 hour test?
Part-time or full-time, individual or teams are acceptable (we have more than 40 hours per week of work, but as little as 10 hours per week would be acceptable).
We are hoping to pay between $20 & $50 USD per hour, depending on experience, competency, efficiency, code quality, etc.