we currently use the open-source app MANTIS to manage our SL projects.
see [url removed, login to view]
we need a new Web app to manage all our warranty service work much better, and, because Mantis already has most of functionality we need, we believe it would be a good idea to simply simplify, modify, and enhance the open-source Mantis code to create our Web app. our app is coded named SMS (service management system).
because of our service model, our service system functional requirements are much more simple comnpared to many
the biggest enhancement/change to Mantis is the requirement to pull & use some data from two existing mysql dbs (on same server)
the existing & new enhanced service steps are something like this -
1. user phones with warranty problem
2. we use new app gto pull data from existing warranty db (REG) to validate warranty type & status
3. we create job sheet
4. we assign a Service Agent by pulling & searching data from existing app SAM (which also includes all searchinbg (and mapping) functionality
see public mapping view of the is app here >>> [url removed, login to view]
(of course in-house SAM search & other functionality is much greater)
5. we save job in SMS app and email service agent a link and login details to new job to access/print etc
6. service agent does job and updates on-line job sheet with required details and saves job
7. we close job.
8. service agents woudl be able to login and see their current and past jobs
plus things like management alerts, based on job milestones, job reports
there would be different levels of access - admin/office/service/service agent/user
virtually ALL this functionality is already in Mantis (and a far bit we don't need and can delete out of app)
[there is a small additional separate module to do once SMS is completed related to parts management, but we are keeping it as a sepoarate project.]