Note: Serious bidders only. Copy paste bids will be rejected.
1. Mobile application: supporting most of the Android and iPhone phones.
2. Website application: for users to login/authentication and buy packages as and when required.
#B# What it does:
The number of Wi-Fi hotspots is growing rapidly and while many of them are working as a free hotspot (customers don't have to pay
for the internet access), a lot of hotspots are working on a pay-per-use basis. We aretargetting both. It give facility to share your home wifi by creating packages along with set of wifi user id and password (pdf to send manually for now, no online payment for now), managing connections and statistics.
Application (web interface) should support any kind of wifi router to manage multiple connections. Motive is to give users opportunity to use wifi connections locally and wifi hotspots to increase their business.
#C# Who can operate a Wi-Fi hotspot?
Basically anybody. As you will see, you don't have to own a hotel or cafe (but it's better if you do of course). You can set up a hotspot in a busy neighborhood and offer lower prices then your ISP offers. Or you can find locations where wireless internet access is not available yet, or you can offer an alternative to the existing ones.
#D# The Basics - How everything will Work?
Wi-Fi hotspots broadcast open (unencrypted) wireless signals, so anyone can connect to them without knowing any passwords. But when they open a browser and type their favorite web address, they are forwarded to the location's hotspot start page (called as 'Splash Page' or “captive portal”). This contains basic information about the place and about how to gain access to the internet. Usually there are access packages/plans, which you can choose, for example 1 hour for $1.95, 24 hours for $9.95, etc. Prices may vary by each location. You can pay for the access by credit cards (dont want now) or Pre-Paid cards (if the system supports it). After you buy a plan, you can use the internet for a limited time. When you log in to a hotspot, your username and password is verified by a radius server which can be located anywhere in the world. This server sends back the answer to the router, whether you are allowed to log in to the hotspot or not. This is the same way that your ISP does, when checking your ADSL account.
#E# Detailed description of web management tool.
HotSpot Management can be done via an easy to use web interface so you can manage your hotspot locations remotely. From there you can do the following:
- Add unlimited locations to your account. If you have partners, like hotels or cafes, you can add those locations to your account.
- In the locations list you can see which hotspot is operating (routers are sending life signals in every five minutes), how many users are connected and what are the system loads on the routers.
- You can set access packages for each locations. For example you can set a 1 hour plan for $2.95, a 24 hour plan for $9.95, a
monthly plan for $24.95. Furthermore, you can set different prices for each of your locations.
- You can set bandwidth and traffic limits to a package. You can even sell a low-bandwidth package cheaper and a high-bandwidth package for more.
- You can see transactions in real time.
- You can see the usage by each hotspot users.
- You can create purchase reports by locations or by payment types.
- You can create charts to see which location generates the most income, which location your hotspot users are from, etc.
#F# Deadline & Payment Terms:
Selected team has to sign NDA along with basic contract. All payment thru escrow release (as mentioned below)
10% after approval of basic layout and UI of both App and Web tool.
20% after Alpha release
30% after Beta release
40% after testing successful running on our server.
We are a Pvt Ltd firm and we always pay.
Indian teams will get preference and queries are invited thru PMB only.
Thanks for your bid teams, to help you understand better, we recommend you check a desktop application Antamedia's Wifi Management for cyber cafe's and restaurants. Try testing its demo version. It also has a web based interface for users to login once they in contact with a hotspot.
Good thing about Antamedia application is that it is hardware free (as many other provide sell their own routers or support less routers) and gives easy customizable environment/templates to owners (web interface), which increases their brand value.
Our goal is to keep everything online (authentication, owner's accounts, users database etc i.e. fon.com - we really lied its web interface) and accessible thru any browser, apps will be a supportive tool to utilize services faster and secure (for both wifi owners (can use spotify to broadcast) and users).
We have budget so suggestions and queries are welcome to make it work better and to bring the costing down. If needed lets target Android users only (phone and pad).
- We prefer not to use any 3rd party code costs fortune or limit us while upgrading or has encrypted code which we can't alter.
- We will send you the NDA once we receive your final proposal.