* This is my modified repost *
i have a server with Parallels Plesk - Panel
that i want to migrate to cPanel Panel.
Short Information about the current status:
Previously i migrate the users from other Parallels Webhosting Panel ("Confixx" Panel) that is not more supported...
The migration tool from cPanel can do:
- migrate user (self) with all Web(FTP) Data
- the domains (can migrates the domains/subdomains, but not correctly.
e.g.: " [url removed, login to view] to /public_html/[url removed, login to view] " INSTEAD of /public_html/subfolder,
so that must be fixed)
- all MySQL Databases (migrates the user with renaming but the passwort will be migrated correctly)
- all E-mail adresses + forwarding emails (no problems)
what must be done ?
- Migrating all users with their data from Plesk to cPanel (this is easy possible with the migration tool from cPanel)
- the first mysql user should be assigned to their all databases(in cPanel,after migration?)
- writing a small script/bash that search&replaces the mysql usernames in webfiles of user (changing for the database-names and passwords not needed)
- writing a small script/bash that search&replaces the homedir-path in configuration files (e.g. OLD: /var/www/web123/html,-> NEW /home/web123/public_html)
- writing a small script that replaces in mysql databases/tables the path to "/home/web123/public_html"
- +migrate the domains/forwarding subdomains correctly [via API? or other methods..](cPanel can only migrate main-domains with forwarding)
Webdata+Maildata are about ~150GB.
Because the system should within the same server/network(virtualization), the speed is ~70 MB/per sec (i tested it), and about 1 hour.
i provide a performance KVM VPS with cPanel installed, where you can use it to test the migrate.(with possibility to reinstall system)
the finally migration will be in a new dedicated server.
Please note: after the tests are working, the migration should be within max. 6 hours, to keep the down time short.
I think it is easy possible, if all preparations are fine, because with your automated scripts ,
the processes will be partially automated. (for the datas: RSYNC)
If you think you want write own- or modificate the migration tool, is your decision...
This project is a server migration, so there are about 1000 users (homepages)
All otherthings like PHP Configuration is not needed to configure (should use system/cpanel default values)
Bu iş için 11 freelancer ortalamada $317 teklif veriyor
Hello, I have over 8 years experience as an Linux admin. I can migrate the sites. Please feel free to ask if you have any questions. Thank You
Hi I am a CISSP,RHCE,CCNA,MCSA,Linux+ and a CEH. I do have 7+ years experience in System Administration . I have experience in a high availability environment with 100+ servers and more than 500 000+ subscribers, I kno Daha Fazla
I have over 10+ Years of experience with Linux , Unix Servers, Data centers and VMware ESXi expertise. I can do this project. Lets get started
hello, Please review my private message for bid details.
Hi, Ready to perform this for you. I'm an Experienced Linux admin working for more than 5 years in hosting industry (Especially cPanel/WHM, Direct Admin, Plesk based servers). Please check PM for more details. Daha Fazla
Yes, Absolutely I can help you to migrate all of your server that fit your needs.