I'm looking for an experienced Wordpress developer to create a custom extension for our TV media site, for the publishing and maintenance of media items, especially video, with standard Wordpress management functionality. Provide extensions that you have made, if any.
This custom extension needs to publish and manage primarily video media metadata as a custom Post Type. And also add a few fields/options to normal Articles/Blog entries in Wordpress. The extension should also provide a front-end page to view the listings.
Backend (Admin Panel)
o. Using current Wordpress content management for Article and Blog entries, but display the headline in the media list, if option is enabled.
o. Article and Blog entries have an option to list in the media browser (list). Clicking takes the user to the article.
o. Custom Post Type for video content management
o. Release scheduling: video media which has not reached the release date, is still listed with the title/image, etc, but is not clickable/playable and shows "Coming [Mon-Day-Year]!" on it. Once the release date has passed, the video is automatically enabled and fully published.
o. No direct upload to Cloudfront, but user enters the media filename, or the playlist file, that is on Cloudfront, and the player uses that in conjunction with the cloudfront url location settings to use in the player config.
o. Photos/albums not needed to be treated as media items for purchasing and listing.
Media Item Fields:
1. Release Date (format: YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS)
2. Media Type: (V)ideo, (A)rticle, (F)iction, (B)log
3. Run Time (in minutes, rounded up)
4. Series Name
5. Episode Name / Article Title
6. Each Price for Non Subscribers
7. Rental Period in Hours
8. Thumbnail Graphic (267 pixels w by 200 h -- Amazon's standard)
9. Full Screen graphic (1600x900 px)
10. Short Description (40 characters)
11. Extended Description (Up to 2000 characters)
12. Format (H)D or (S)D
14. Production Company
15. Cast (200 characters)
17. Cloudfront Filenames (either the direct MP4 video filename, or a Playlist filename if the case of multiple bitrates and quality levels). There should be filename options for both SD and HD.
18. Caption files (ability to add multiple caption files, with name and filename for each).
Front-end Page (Display):
o. Media should be displayed on a front-end page, with a toggle for Poster style (using the poster images), or List style (using the Name/Title)
o. Clicking on a video item should open a screen and play it with our existing flash player (like JW player).
o. Release scheduling: video media which has not reached the release date, is still listed with the title/image, etc, but is not clickable/playable and shows "Coming [Mon-Day-Year]!" on it.
o. Endless Grid-layout to allow for dynamic expansion when new content is added
o. Article headlines and Blog titles are also shown in the listing, and will take users to the article/blog entry.
o. Media items are shown dynamically on the front-end listing as they are published/unpublished in the admin backend.