I have a job which consists of several related activities. I’m looking for a quote either for the entire job, or any part of it (I’m willing to hire different people for different parts). Following is a description of the job and a specification.
Please note: This specification is written by a non-technical person. Consequently, parts of it may not make sense or may request that things be done in one way, when another approach would be much easier and logical. Consequently, please feel free to disagree with the specification and specify an alternative approach.
I have a MySQL database which is used to store property descriptions. In other words, each “record” would describe one property (type of house, price, house details, etc.). A colleague has a similar database, but stores slightly different information for each house. My objective is to take the properties on his database and move them onto my database. As he updates his database daily, I will need to copy his properties onto my database on a daily basis.
I do not have direct access to his database. However, he will put the property details into files which I have FTP access to. He has 8 agents working for him, and for each agent there will be:
• One CSV (Comma Separated Value??) file which has all the properties for that agent. There is one record per property (each record having 50 fields).
• For most properties there will be a number of JPG photos. Each property with photos will have one file, with between 1 and 6 photos.
For each agent, I need to:
1. FTP the property file and photos onto my internet site directory
2. Copy the property file details into my SQL database. This involves not only a copy, but a certain amount of reformatting as my database has slightly different fields than his. For example, in my SQL field PROPERY-TYPE I have either “House” or “Apartment”. He has either “H” or “A”. I’ve written the Algorithm for the conversions required, but this needs to be converted to the appropriate language. To avoid duplicate property descriptions, the software will need to check the PROPERY-ID field of the record to determine if the property is already in the database (if so, it should overwrite the existing description rather than add a new one).
3. Extract the photos from each photo file, assign them appropriate names, and then copy them to my photo directory. Each file can contain between 1 and 6 photos
4. The SQL database will then need to have the corresponding property record updated to contain the names of the corresponding photos.
This needs to be automated as much as possible.
Ideally I would like to have an approximate quote for points 1 to 4 above. However, I would accept quotes for individual items.
I believe that step 1 above can be done with a few simple commands which effectively copy an entire directory from my colleague’s site to mine. I have not yet confirmed this.
I believe that step 2 above is relatively straight-forward coding. I’ve written a detailed specification which states exactly what must be done for each field, so little or no design work is required. Just coding.
As I haven’t provided a detailed specification, I do not expect an exact quote. However, I’m looking for a rough indication and comments on what approach (e.g. what language/application and why) would be used to do the above. Any quote provided is non-binding (after all, I can’t ask for a firm quote until I’ve provided the detailed specification.
For some of this work there may be existing applications, which merely need to be configured. I’m quite willing to accept a quotation which involves purchase of an off-the-shelf application and configuration thereof (for one or more parts of the above job, this may be a more economical approach).
The response to this job description (both price and suggested approach) will be used to choose the programmer, who will then be provided a more detailed description.
43 freelancers are bidding on average $693 for this job
Our bid is 499 $ for the whole project. Bid includes development , deployment and testing. we offer 30 days free support. We are ready start and can complete it in 15 working days. We send daily reports and we communic Daha Fazla
Dear sir, I have study your detail requirements and ready to solve it. I have specify my job portion in pmb. Kindly check it. Thanking you Andey.
Our bid is for really very high quality work for your MySQL: Copy CSV file into MySQL database that will be made to be upgradable in case you need some upgrades in future. We will always be available for upgrades. Our Daha Fazla
I commonly work with remote files and databases. I have several methods for extracting your friends information and reformatting it for your server. I have posted more details in your PMB
Hi, This is only a placeholder bid. Please see PMB for details. Thanks, Bilal Niaz
Dear sir, We are experts in data migration and cleansing and can do this job for you in Perl/CGI. Please check your PMB for more details. Kindly visit us at [url removed, login to view] Thanks!!
As I Understand, this project involves: 1. Getting CSV and Image files through FTP 2. Transforming Data present in CSV (according to algorithms that you have prepared) 3. Updating a database with transformed data Daha Fazla
Hi. Point 1 and 2 would be done together. There would be no need to DOWNLOAD the files, i would just OPEN them REMOTLY and than would put them into MySQL (of course i would first know your stucture and your fiends Daha Fazla
I have 7 years Experience in WEB DEVELOPMENT,SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT and SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION. I can Provide you the solution. I will start ASAP
Dear Client ---- Thanks you for opportunity to bid on your project ---- We have already experience of working on related projects and customising different opensource scripts according to the need of clients -- Daha Fazla
Please check the PMB as I need to clear some details and discuss some issues.
Excellent work ! ! ! Hello! 100% guaranteed of high quality and professional work, as we are the experts in web and programming. Our company has been in the sphere of webdesign and programming for 7 years already, a Daha Fazla
I would love to work on this entire project for you. I have done the CSV conversions before and find it fun and interesting. For the photos, by renaming them to the number associated with the property ID + #1-6 this Daha Fazla