We are looking for an experienced PHP programmer to help create a B2B web application with huge potential in a fast growing industry. You will be working as a core member of a focused, fun team and will be making key decisions around site development and solutions.
We use an Agile methodology, and are developing the site with many of the latest tools and technologies. The project development infrastructure and environment are already setup, and the site is currently 50% complete; we now require your help accelerate the project to a beta launch in 3 months time. There will also be scope for you to stay with the team to support the growth of the site on a longer term basis.
We are British entrepreneurs currently located in Beijing. We are expecting that you would work on this project remotely, but for the more adventurous we are equally happy to help you relocate to Beijing (including visas, accommodation, language lessons) and introduce you to the China experience!
Position Requirements - Senior Programmer/Front-end developer
- You are a highly enthusiastic, motivated & self managed professional capable of working independently and in a team
- Creative with strong problem solving skills but not afraid to ask questions and discuss solutions
- Ability to work alone or in a remote environment from specifications. Must be able to commit to 25-40 hours a week
- Solid knowledge of the LAMP stack
- 3-5 years experience in PHP, Current knowledge of PHP 5.3+
- Ideally you have 3+ years experience in CakePHP, but 2 years experience with another PHP Framework such as Symfony, CodeIgniter, Zend Framework would also be acceptable
- Experience in jQuery/jQuery UI or PrototypeJs/Scriptaculous
- Comfortable with MVC Methodology, SVN/GIT based version control, linux (ubuntu) commandline, PHP5-CGI, MySQL (we use 5+)
- Experience in Croogo CMS, CakePHP Plugins, beanstalkd queue system and Nginx is a bonus
- Experience in a startup environment preferred but not essential
- Fluent English