We have a client with a website built in Perl - it's pretty old and whilst they have their new website built (in the next 6 months or so), we need some development on the site so that it can be better optimised for SEO.
Things that we need fixing are:
- www and non-www domains (homepage redirects to www, but all others have both versions - need .htaccess file changes)
- Potential amends to URL structure (currently there are products with a URL such as [url removed, login to view])
- website is primarily built in tables (need CSS if possible)
- update Google Analytics Async Code
- XML Sitemap addition (auto-updating)
- ability to add content boxes to particular pages
From a Screaming Frog Spider of the website, there are 16,000 pages - there is a database running these and there are only 92 .pl files so shouldn't be too much of an issue.
Let me know if you can amend what I'm requesting and your cost to do so. I don't want to hand over FTP, Client Admin and website details until I'm happy with the Freelancer.
PLEASE NOTE: Respond to the project, any blanket copy & paste bids will be ignored
8 freelancers are bidding on average $816 for this job
Hello, I am a Perl scripting expert interested in your project. I'll be better able to judge what will be an appropriate budget when I can study your site in detail. A IDLER
I can do this but it seems the work to be done is underestimated as 92 .pl files indicate it wasn't done as it should with only one .pl/.cgi file and .pm perl modules to share code.