We are looking to hire a programmer on an ongoing basis to perform sub-contract work (as work permits). This project entails work on a wordpress plugin called "Wp-Ecommerce" and is related to how (and when) it sends a notification email to the store owner when a customer intends to purchase something and the order status changes. Right an email is sent on "purchase completed" status updates but not on "Order received" status updates before money changes hands and when the "buy now" button is clicked.
The actual job posting is found below, but first a bit of who we are looking for...
We are looking to hire a programmer on an ongoing basis to perform sub-contract work (as work permits). The following attributes are given preference so when you respond to this job posting make sure you have read the following carefully:
* - Must be skilled in PHP, XHTML, CSS and MySQL coding and languages
* - Must have in depth knowledge of Wordpress and it's functions, hooks, etc.
* - Must be able to develop plugins that interface with both wordpress, other plugins and widgets.
* - Must be able to work with and write well formed XHTML and CSS that is cross browser compatible
* - Must be driven towards customer success meaning doing the job right until it is done
* - Must be fluent in writing and speaking English (very important)
* - Must be available on set work days so it is easy to contact you and set deadlines with customers
* - Must be able to provide wholesale (sub contract) pricing and capable of providing an accurate, detailed quote of work to be completed
Now, for the details of this specific job:
This job pertains to the plugin WP-eCommerce and relates to the way it handles and sends email depending on the order status. Currently, when a customer clicks to "purchase" a product the order status changes to "order received". However, the store owner does not receive an actual email notifying them that there is an "order received" until the transaction has been completed (funds have been successfully transferred). This is problematic as the store owner wants to be able to follow-up on orders that have been received but not completed.
We need you to ensure that the store owner receives an email notifying them that a customer has intended to make an order after the order status is updated to "order received".
This is probably a pretty simple job but it would be great if it can be done in a way that does not affect too much of the core files of the WP-eCommerce plugin. Ideally, a plugin that could be enabled to send an email out when the order status is updated would be best.
Thanks in advance for your interest in this project.
Job to start immediately after it is awarded with a 48 hour turn around time expected.