Picture framing company desires photo album site that allows end users to purchase photographs with custom framing options.
Other features as described in attached PDF document. Please break down quotes by component.
Poster is a software development firm looking to qualify vendors for projects similar to this.
(A) Framing Wizard, as described in attached PDF.
- Allows selection of frame and matting options.
- Frame options include: size, style, material, and color.
- Matting options include: style and color
- Recommends mat colors based on user's choice of:
- (a) colors complimentary to three dominant colors in image, or
- (b) colors in room where image will be displayed.
Recommends frames based on:
Category selection ("Asian", "Modern", "Provincial", "Rustic", "Western", etc. ... admin should be able to add categories)
(B) The site should support two classes of users
Described in attached PDF (takes precedence over this description).
(1) Customers: Buy custom framing for their existing digital artwork.
- Use FTP to manage online images
- View photo albums of images.
- Set up an account
- Create sets of framing options for each image (Wizard, see below)
- Preview photo with its framing options and a "buy" button
- Request a set of four professionally created framing options for an image.
- Add photo with its framing options to shopping cart.
- Check out, generate order.
- Receive requests for professional framing options
- Log in as as requesting customer to create options.
- Notify customer when completed.
- View orders, mark orders complete
- Manage available frame and matting options, as well as the prices and images for each.
(C) Customer Support System
Support email system must be configured to auto-respond to emails, as described in the attached PDF document "[url removed, login to view]"
1. All software should be written in:
PHP / Apache with database of (mysql or postgres)
Zope / python (ZODB and/or (mysql or postgres))
2. All HTML in sourcecode must be delivered as one of the following template formats: Smarty, PHPLIB template, ZPT, DTML. PHPLIB templates are preferred.
Templates should be text-only functionality allowing flexible design to be replaced.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Linux, Internet Explorer 5.0+, Netscape 4.0+, Mozilla