DON'T BID ON THIS PROJECT IF YOU'VE NOT WORKED WITH BOONEX BEFORE.
I'm willing to pay $75-100 for this work. Half of this work is done. Where I put in the word "NOTE:" is my update on that work. The problem was the programmer went on vacation and just basically disappeared. I can no longer work with him. It seems he's taking on a new project or something.
I need changes to boonex dolphin community site. [url removed, login to view](remove_this)[url removed, login to view] Really those sites are just coded in php. So if you know php you can make changes. The site basically will be a dating site, but the main goal of the site will be for people to find a date for that day or night rather then for getting to know people over sometime.
The changes I need are:
1. when someone logs in or joins the site they need to be able to mark a checkbox the will have 3 options (they must checkone). It will say
Do you want at date:
X in that represents a checkbox. Again they have to choose one when they are logging in and or when they join the site.
NOTE: Seems to be done. All that is needed is to making that they check a box a required field and making the uploads required as well.
2. Just as they allow you to check if you want to only search for people "online only" or "with photo" another box should be add saying "wants a date today/tonight"
NOTE: This has not been done.
3. A section for those people who want a date that day or night should be added. It should not bet that hard considering dolphin allows so many other custom sections.
NOTE: Online now is there but a section for people want a date today and a section for people who want a date tonight is not there. Also I'm going to add to this.
There should be a third section "People who want a date today or tonight".
4. When you join it has you upload a picture. That should be a requirement and it should have you upload 3 pics not just 1. So 3 upload boxes.
NOTE: This is there so all you to do is make the 3 uploads a required thing, not optional.
5. The search page is a little confusing. They have 3 search types quick, simple and advanced. Quick and simple are basically the same. Which make no sense.
anyway I changed the code to go to the advanced page [url removed, login to view](remove_this)[url removed, login to view] it did default to this page: [url removed, login to view](removed_this)[url removed, login to view]
What I want done is for it to juset be one page. It will just be this page [url removed, login to view](removed_this)[url removed, login to view] but it will have the city, keyword, and location option just like the advanced page has. And obviously as in requirement 2 I've listed
under "with photos" there will be check box for ""wants a date today/tonight". Dolphin has an option for the simple search to be on the homepage. It's on most sites. I want it to be on the homepage, but as that one new page you will be making with the new 3 added options plus "wants a date today/tonight"
NOTE: this is some what done. I'd say 50-75% done. Though it's missing parts for sure
6. They allow you to add custom boxes to the homepage. I just need want to be able to add a picture (which is really just text) or atleast able to add some sort of text in any font I want. I'd rather it allow a box that allows me to upload a pictures. That way I can make the text and look of the rules of the site look good.
I'm sure they have this option. I just have not looked into it.
NOTE: This is not done.
7. On each person's page their will be be button to click that will basically be a 'request a date button'. So how that will work is say I'm a guy John and I got to the page of jane243 on here page will be a button. The will check a box for today or a box for tonight (that means john is requesting a date for either daytime today or night time with jane243). He then presses submit and jane243 will get a message with date request in here inbox.
Basically that message will just say "Username (john in this case) request a date with you TODAY OR TONIGHT (which ever he marked he wanted" If you want to go on this date respond with a message to him. Do not respond if you are not sure or to say no. Take as much time as you need to make your decision, but contacting the member or asking questions before you respond yes that you are interested is not allow on this site. After all the goal of the site is to safely find people a date for today or tonight, if we allowed you to get to know the member first then it would defeat the purpose of the site.
Dates are required to be at a public place and you both must meet there. Phone numbers or contact info are not allowed to be given out. If a member violates any of these terms please report them to our staff."
Okay so that's the message. Now it will work just like "John" was sending her a message. She just replies to the message if she is saying "Yes" to the date.
Really it's not error proof at this time. A user can easily just respond no or ask questions. Or even just message that user outside of the message, but for now that is how the site will run. Later I'll make a different policy. But that will work for now. Hopefully the user will be too scared that they will get banned from the site, to not follow the rules. Plus in the early stages I'll be able to monitor these messages. So if they violate these terms. I'll delete their profile.
NOTE: This is not done.