We are looking to hire a web programmer who has experience in building a fantasy football website. We are based in the US and would therefore look for someone locally who we can meet and work with that has knowledge in fantasy sports.
Sample site to use as reference is Yahoo! fantasy sports.
Functionality to include:
• Customer registration process
• Customer log-in mechanism
• Easy to use interface for selecting a team from a pool of players
• Easy to use admin panel. Set league/season name, add real players, update scores, set start date, email members etc.
• Update of player scores and subsequent update of customer rankings
• Stores historic games/previous leagues for easy retrieval.
We also wish to make it very clear that this will NOT be a traditional fantasy sports program. We wish it to be known that we want to customize the players to be drafted, prerank the players drafted, keep stats on who is performing, free agency pool of undrafted players, and we also want to dictate which stats we will keep track of.
This will be based off of tournament results, so we may want to use finished position as the one and only stat to track. (IE Team A has finishes of 1,2,15,19 from said tournament - and Team B has finishes of 3,4,16,19 where the averages of both teams will decide who wins) I hope this isn't confusing.
In short, the same exact thing as Yahoo fantasy sports site, but with the ability to change the players drafted and the stats tracked. It should also be capable of hosting and running multiple leagues of the same people in the same fashion.