Migrate software from a virtual server on GoDaddy (with SSH access) to a ubuntu server on AWS. The solution should be optimized for minium cost, but must include:
1) Taking an inventory of everything on the GoDaddy machine and ensuring that everything is moved to the new box. This will include a few small websites, two personal blogs, and a couple of small MySQL databases. The solution must be capable of running multiple websites from the single box.
2) Ensure that all software is up to date. For example, the blog is on WordPress and I want to ensure I am using the latest security patches
3) Organize the software and filesystem on the new box in a sensible way. For example, I am currently using Apache virtual web hosting and WordPress. Are these the best solutions? Are there other good options I should consider?
4) Provide a way to backup the target server in a way that a crashed machine could be readily recovered. For example, the server may be an EBS machine that is backed up by simple taking of EBS snapshots.
5) Ensure the server conforms to best security practices. This must include a specific security group for the machine.
6) Provide a simple script that I can run that will change all the passwords on the box to something of my own choosing after the project is complete.
7) Document the final result: what software is running, how to backup the box, etc.
The precise requirements are flexible. I would like the contractor for this effort to dialog with me about ideas and questions about what the "best way" is to migrate my server.