We have multiple websites and receive a large volume of articles to be posted to those websites. What we need is a web based system to track the articles from beginning to end -- from article idea to the completed article being published on one of our sites. This system will reside in a password protected directly, so there will be no design work or template required, no SEO, no bells and whistles - just the input, update and reporting capability.
Currently we use a simple system that we created using a software tool, but it's not robust enough and is not easy to search. You'll be given the URL to that tool once we establish a dialogue via PMB so you can see actual examples of the articles and the data we need to track.
Data to be input:
- keyword terms or phrases for the article
- internal tracking number (ex: AB123456) -- most articles will have this, but not all
- Received date
- Article Title/topic
- Article idea/slant (summary)
- Author Name
- Responsible person (Need to be able to add staff member names to a table and select them)
- Destination URL (site where published) - need Option to add a URL
- Posted/Submitted Date
- Date Completed
- Photo/image file (browse to upload)
- file title (original word doc containing the article)
- status (waiting for article, pending, complete, etc.)
- Article Type (category description, Blog posting, article, press
- Text of article (Needs to be WYSIWYG HTML editor)
Would like to be able to import the initial data from an Excel spreadsheet (keywords, article topic, title)
We must be able to modify the values for the drop down boxes and type in a value if it's not in the drop down.
All fields must be searchable and sortable. On the output screen, need to be able to click on article title to access the detail screen where we can update the record.
Not sure if this has to be a custom solution or if it can be Joomla based -- many of our websites are Joomla based so that would be our preference.