I invite your quatations of the following work:
I coded this myself for my 3.8 board. Unfortunately, I do not have time to code one to work on my 4.0.7, 4.0.8 etc.
I am am using Easy Forms by BananaLive ([url removed, login to view]). The successful coder will be given access to my test forum to see what I actually mean (should you need to see it).
I am looking to add a search box and search button inside of a box (Please see attachments below for an idea) and I need to add a description within that box. I also need to add a title too, to the top of each and every thread page that I need to use them on (currently 2), and they must ONLY search the contents of that particular thread in which, it is on..
The box must be able to search using any word, both full or partial. Ie: Name, Business name, address, postcode etc.
If a full name is used, then that result MUST be shown on the top of the search results.
Please remember that these searches are based on each thread ID.
In addition to what you have read on the thread, I have put some questions and answers together that I thought you may ask/want to know...
1. Is integration with Easy Forms by BananaLive product required or may I create a stand-alone forms with all features required?
Stand alone forms please (that need to be seperate in terms of thread ID)
2. Should the forms search for users only as it is in your screenshots or there should be other forms that search for any other data?
I will need the search faciltity to search for the items listed on each thread reply (Here is the data contained within the post - the fields in which a user fills out (and is posted to the forum/thread as a post) are pre-determined by me in a form.
I need ANY of the fields in the search area to get the results and show the actual post with nearest underneath it (If there is an exact match and similar matches too).
A user will then click on the result and be taken to the actual post made on the right thread. (Above) I will need one for the "Find an electrician" and the other for the "Find a college". I will need these to be able to be added for other forums easily enough by me and the feilds to be changed to suit, easily by myself too. Although I no longer have this version, on my vB3.8.6 I have the address as "[url removed, login to view]" - but on the test forum (vB4.0.7) I have it as search engine friendly URLs and I have VBSEO installed too. I would like to do the full SEO version of that (option in vBulletin - if you know what I mean).
This must work on vB4.0.7 and the current latest version of vBulletin (currently, the latest version is vB4.1.2) - that is important!
3. What you mean by searching the content of a thread? Does that mean that search results should contain only users who have post in that thread and who match search query?
That is correct - Please see my answer to question 3 above.
4. Is it okay to implement Admin CP option to define in which threads the form should be shown? Should the forms be shown in any other pages?
Please see my answer to question 3 above.
5. What exact data should be searched for? I can see that forms are different on your screenshot and one of them contains Type field. So please specify how exactly forms should be generated, should user profile fields be included in search form etc.
Again, answered in my reply to question three and the actual page, containing the posts are linked to, above. (these fields need to be able to be changable by myself). The ONLY thing that should be included, is the content from the users post on a specific thread. The one that contains the "Drop Down menu" is for a specific area. In this case it is for the "Find an electrician" forum and in particular the "Part P scheme provider", I would like this area to have the options to be added by myself too. (IE: NICEIC, NAPIT, BSI etc) I also want a "ALL" for the first option on that - and as a result ALL posts within that thread will be searched using the other field detail that the user has entered. I would like it to be able to search using a full or partial name.