We have a heavily modified OSCommerce website (I think based on version MS2.2) which integrates with the Google Checkout API using a poorly coded script that is no longer supported by the author. The script works in the sense it transfers customers to Google Checkout, the customer can pay and the orders appear in OSC admin where we can charge and ship them. However there are some minor problems with the script and this is what we would like:
Either by altering the existing Google Checkout script or using a different one fully integrate Google Checkout with our website. What needs fixing with the current script:
- Allow coupons (using Easy Coupons addon) to be recognised by Google
- Allow free shipping over £[url removed, login to view] to be recognised by Google (free delivery is hard coded in includes/modules/order_total/[url removed, login to view])
- Ensure customer is logged out when they return to our site (currently logged in as customer with ID = 0 when they return).
- Fix Google communications with our server – if we receive an ok to ship at the same time as a charged notice then we cannot ship the order as the ok to ship callback gets inserted above the charged one.
- There appears to be some extraneous code in the scripts, please remove it.
Unfortunately there will be no access to our FTP server or our database for this project; we will provide you with the files you require and any database structure that you need. This is because this is a live trading site and data protection of our customers is a must. You can check out our feedback from previous projects – we will give you as much help and information as we can to ensure this project is completed successfully. I have attached the Google Checkout files we are currently using.
- Working Google Checkout script with all issues mentioned above fixed.
- Clearly marked code for any change you make to our existing script.
- Clear installation instructions so we can install to our server.
We have some more work that we would like doing in the immediate future (including Paypal Website Payments Pro integration) so a good job on this project will lead to more work.