The purpose of a social footprint aggregator is to get a consolidated view of all Social Media activities around a business.
The aggregation happens over site extractions or APIs to consolidate and store updates to a centralized database to easily see what updates have happened over a period of time.
This job is about the backend functionality, which is
1. Get permanent data for each entity (a Hotel)
a) pre-fetch of business information through a first set of APIs (Google Geocoder and OpenStreetMap)
b) find the right URLs, to extract from (predefined syntax for about 15 sites), by using Bing's Webservice API
2. Get social updates on a repeated interval (per entity / Hotel)
a) Through [url removed, login to view] (~ 10 feeds in a standardized way)
b) Facebook social graph
c) Site specific APIs (~ 4 APIs)
3. Update Database with data found in step 2
* The update process should have a retry mechanism, if the extraction fails
* All feeds (besides the APIs in 2c) are provided in a standardized format
* Work needs to be done until mid June