I would like the TOS and privacy page to cover the basics - to be transparent to users and cover all the basic details necessary to meet best practices. Some sites describe the most important things to cover: [url removed, login to view] Please be sure to understand what these types of best practices are.
I anticipate that each of the 2 documents would be somewhere between 3 and 10 pages.
You are welcome to use examples you draw from other places to quickly put these documents together (I'm not expecting you to write this from scratch)
Meanwhile, I do expect that you know generally about what should be stated in a TOS & Privacy page & carefully compose the document to be sure that my company name is used throughout, that it is organized & coherent, etc.
1. The documents should maintain the general scope of comparable sites (ie Amazon & Facebook)
2. Explains that content submitted by users becomes the sole property of website.
3. User's agree not to submit anything copyrighted.
4. Website is not liable for the products or information shared on the website by third-parties, users, or the website
5. Information cannot be copied from website onto other websites
6. Third-parties do provide advertising, analytics, and other services & may store information, etc.
7. The document should be grammatically correct and exhibit careful spelling, etc.
* [url removed, login to view] - I work closely with this company, so their TOS & Privacy should be similar to mine, especially for the key aspects of "information stored", etc.
* There will be shopping on the site, so it should have things similar to the Google Checkout privacy and TOS elements
* There are also social components to the site, so we should include the things that are covered in Facebook "terms" and "privacy" pages - [url removed, login to view]
I anticipate hiring for other professional content in the future, so I hope to build longer term relationship.