The project requires the coders to be well acquainted with the workings of GROUPS on Facebook. It is quite necessary that the coder should have a thorough understanding of how groups work on Facebook.
If you want to add friends to a Facebook Group one has to follow the procedure below:
1. Log into Facebook
2. Open a group on Facebook which you are already a member of (you can only add your FB friends to a FB group which you are presently a member of, friends cannot be added to a group where one are not a member of)
3. In the group on the right hand side column you shall see a link “ADD FRIENDS TO GROUP”
4. Click on that link
5. A text box for additions will open up.
6. Now manually start typing the names of people on your Friends list in this box
7. Based on what you are typing you shall see a drop down with names of people in your friends' list that match the words that you are typing
8. From this drop down select the friend whom you want to add to that group
9. Repeat steps 6 through 8 to add another friends' name in the text box, you can add a maximum of 20 friends at one shot in the text box.
10. Now click on the “ADD” button
11. Your 20 friends are now added to the group.
12. FB gives you a report at the end of every attempt which tells us out of the 20 friends;
(a) how many were added to the group
(b) how many can't be added to the group
(c) how many are already members of the group
If you have 450 friends the above steps have to be repeated 23 times to ensure all are added to the group, if you have 1350 friends you have to repeat above steps 68 times, if you have 1508 friends you have to repeat above steps 76 times and so on …………….… it's really a painstaking task to remember names of so many people as well as enter type those names manually to add them to a group.
I need a web application / Facebook application that would automate the entire process of adding all the friends on a FB user's friend list to a particular desired group. The whole idea behind making this app is to eliminate the pains that people have to go through for adding all of their friends to a particular group.
The app will have 2 types of users
1. Admins of the application
2. Users of the application
The admin section should be a password protected area. Admin should be given a feature to make a list of Facebook Groups by adding the name of the FB group and the FB URL of that group. From this list the admins will set groups as Active and Non Active.
When the users start using the application, first it should check for a live FB session (if that does not exist then the user should be directed to log into FB). If a live FB session exists then the user shall get a drop down box with only the names of groups that the admin has marked as Active. The users would select a group from the drop down box and click on the GO button. Once the GO button is clicked the application should automate and loop the steps 1 – 12 mentioned above till all the friends of the user are added to a particular group. The application should be built in such a manner that no manual input or intervention should be required from the user once the GO button in clicked. Simultaneously while the users' friend are being added to the group by the application it should also generate reports based on the feedback it receives from FB as stated above in step 12. The report should only be accessible to the admins of the application. Every time a user clicks on the GO button a report should be generated by the application for the admins.
Please contact me only if you have proven track record of FB development. Past experience of development for FB groups is not mandatory but it's surely a big+
Feel free to contact me if you have any queries. All the best!!!!!!!!