We recently developed through freelancer a system to allow our end-customers with the follow up of the status of their order.
the module can be checked here: [url removed, login to view] (login: admin - pw: admin)
The problems which have to be fixed:
1. Data is not secure. There are 2 types of accounts, admins and regular users. It would be the goal that regular users can only "see" their own orders without making edits. This works in the module, BUT if the user simply changes a the URL logic he can see those orders as well, which do not belong to his account
2. Uploading documents is a bit messy. We would like to add a simple script showing upload progress of documents.
3. Structure of uploaded documents. They are now 'dumped' in a general folder. Same problem as remark nr 1. We want these items to come in a dedicated folder for the user, which no one else can access.
4. a dashboard view: showing in three columns the status of the orders of the client: ordered, in progress, received.
5. Some UI tweaks, to show data more clear in 'detail order view'.
6. The "detail order view" shows in red the documents which are missing. This is already good. We want however to have in the overview screen an indication of orders which are not yet ok. (e.g. red flag; so we know we still have documents to upload without going in each individual order)
Work can start right away!