I’m creating a memorial website and I need to have a horizontal timeline created for my BuddyPress groups. The timeline would sit above the main nav menu on the group’s homepage. The timeline would do the following:
1. Be responsive for any screen
2. Each group would have its own timeline.
3. Allow users to set the dates in the BuddyPress create group screen.
a. There should be the following options on the group creation screen.
i. Text field for birth date
ii. Text field for date of death
iii. The timeline needs to start with the month and year the person was born and end with the month and year the person died.
4. Allow members of the group to click a date on the timeline and enter a post, picture or video
5. Allow multiple posts per date
6. Somehow show new posts with a different color on the timeline.
7. Allow other users to comment on the post, picture or video.
8. Code needs to be clean and not affected during updates to BuddyPress or WordPress.
I like how the [url removed, login to view] does their timeline so that could be used as an reference for the design.
If BuddyPress groups is the wrong way to go about achieving this solution. Please explain a better way in your response to this job posting. I’m not against doing this a different way but I need the following:
1. Allow members of the group to comment on the posts, pictures or videos in the timeline
2. A way to organize people into groups so they can share and invite others.
3. Keep groups private from the public if enabled.