I am building a 3d laser galvo printer (sla). firmware is on its way, so now I need the user interface.
I would like the same features as you see here: [url removed, login to view]
plus this feature:
[url removed, login to view]
, client/server based with webcam integration.
smartphone/tablets (simple app needed) would be able to use the server based program, whereas pc/notebook/office-environment people should be able to choose between client software (like preform) and server software (like preform).
the webcam application (where the printer´s webcam takes a shot every 10 sec and sends it to the server) should let the server produce a small film that´s viewable over server (internet).
the calibration tool for in factory calibration –sw is written and needs to be integrated.
website: hello&simple webshop.
database prog to log printer usage and disable stolen machines: not a big prog, in any case the printer would need to send that data through the internet. if the printer in offline during print, it will store the data and send it before next print (online demanded before next print).
and that´s all there is.
well, seems to be easy, 5 buttons: load, resize, position, support structures, print. or just do 1 dummy button that does it all. but then: how to position: find least connected area to be cured in every possible position considering possible supportable object surfaces determined by the customer. (printing your head: you wouldn\\\\\\\'t like you face being full of pimples due to support tips, so you chose this face area as unsupportable, forcing the prog to turn your face upwards, and building internal support in order for you face to not fall to the inside. support structures like trees with root, then trunk -hollow would be a good idea- and then the crown with every branch having a 45° tip).
needs an FEM analysis as you see in preform, to indicate the red areas, which is where the object would crack. but why showing red areas? don\\\\\\\'t let it come to red areas by quickly adding more support there.
you need to define the interface between the firmware and that user interface.
I don’t need web site programmers, but a real user interface/cad/fem programmer, knowing what a gcode and stl file is. please only answer if you examined the preform prog thoroughly and understand the task.
no \\\\\\\"project managers\\\\\\\" please, only real savvy, experienced programmers!
1. The preform software was written using Q4 Python for main stub code and OpenGL for graphics. Do you have any preference over the language to be used? We prefer .NET. Even if we build it in .NET, we can EXACTLY imitate preform.
2. What is the time frame for this project? And what is the time frame for each phase or part of this project?
>>all finished spring/summer 2015. each phase: you define.
3. Are we free to use open source G-code generators or should we write our own?
>>yes, if that doesn’t interfere with our proprietary sw in the end...
4. What are the target devices. If I am right they are Windows, Android. Do you want to built the application for Mac as well?
>> many “artists” use apple stuff, so that as well. pc, tabs, smart phones. we define together which features will be available for what device.
5. So you also want splitting feature as mentioned in http://labs.cctech.co.in/3dprinttech/ ? Do you want features to be present in PC as well as tabs?
>>we define together which features will be available for what device.
6. You said, you'll need a webcam application as well which needs to send the pictures sequentially every 10 secs so that it looks like a movie while viewing through the internet (our) server. What is the purpose of this? Is it that the 3d printing should be viewed from remote, so that you can cancel 3d printing if something went wrong?
inside you see the webcam. user prints i.e. in his office, and at home he checks the film if object ok during print, so he can stop print. alarms will be sent via email/(sms?) if the printer detects a prob (i.e. stall detect of motors).
7. In perform application, I tried all its features, but I could not locate the FEM operation which you had mentioned. Where is it?
>> read http://forum.formlabs.com/t/red-shading-on-a-model-in-the-preform-software-guide-line-or-definite-print-fail/100. try support generation, play with the values, see the red areas, the will cause printing troubles. see also that the support generation takes much calculation time, client should send his file to server, where fast computers generate and send back model in stl (or just photo format to pc/tab/smartphone?), user okays, and server sends files to printer.
8. Interface between firmware and software is through which port? USB or RS-232 or Ethernet?
printer has lan/bt/wlan. there must be an open communication line before the print to send data of the last print. that´s the minimum requirement for the client. I want to see the probs/print times/layer#/stall detects/user interrupts/block stolen printers/whatever.
companies might use lan from their central server to the printer. pc consumers might have a wlan router at home. smart phone users might need to use the smart phone for internet – smartphone communication, and passing on the file to the printer via bt.
9. Is the 3d printer in customer's place or your place? Because, you said, printer will send data over internet. If our software is with customer and 3d printer is also with customer, then why needs to send out on internet? Or are we just providing 3d printing service, so that user just gives 3d print command with printer at your end. And once print is finished, you ship the printed object to him? How does the process go?
>>see above. this printer is not intended to be used in mass production centers or printing service centers.
10. Depending upon the answer to previous question, we'll need to know whether we have to implement function on disabling printing if printer is stolen.
11. We'll need more information of these two lines which you had mentioned in your project description
"the calibration tool for in factory calibration –sw is written and needs to be integrated."
>>I recon preform80%/spiltting tool10%/calibration/website/shop etc 10% of the task, so I prefer discussing the big bites before going into this, so to find out if you are the right guy, then go deeper. generally: check CHDK - Canon Hack Development Kit Download – NETZWELT, take raw data of actual lasered pic and compare to master pic. a 16mp cam is put under the table to get the actual pic. now pattern are compared, galvo adjusted, if laser pic = master pic, calibration is done, 16mp cam is taken out in factory.
"website: hello&simple webshop."
>> like formlabs´ site, but simpler, more in paypal style.
I mean just a “normal” web site with a tiny shop of ca 20 products (spare parts & resin)
19 freelancer bu iş için ortalamada 6193$ teklif veriyor
Please consider my bid for your 3D Printer project and be assured of a high quality work with our highly experienced and dedicated team of developers. Thanks
Hi, I'm a professional 3D artist, graphic designer and Interface Designer. I am able to graphically design the interface and output the images for the programmer. Please take a look at my [url removed, login to view] Profile Portfol Daha fazlası
Hi!! I have seen your description I can do this job perfectly.. I am a Unity expert.. If you want a good result, please reply to me I want to discuss about your job with you' Thanks
Hi, I have 2+ years experience working with similar skills, I can get the task done for you, so if you are interested in a collaboration please contact me..... With warm regards