I have a reverse bidding website very similar to this scriptlance site. But because we are selling physical services we need to integrate a feature whereby visitors can search for local jobs.
I want a search feature that will allow businesses to enter a post code and then it will bring up jobs within the specified area. eg 10 miles/50 miles/nation wide.
I already have the post code database imported to a table in my database.
If you go to the website [url removed, login to view] you will see the search bar "find work" on the home page. Ideally I want a second field in the search box that will allow to search by postcode.
This is the job criteria.
1. Add a postcode field to the customer sign up form to store this with their other details such as name/town etc. (very simple)
2. A table named 'projects' contains all the job request details. Eg. Window frame size colour etc. When a customer adds a job request we need some hidden fields containing their postcode and location inserting into the project table. This will allow us to search for projects by postcode/location.
3. We then need the search by location feature adding to the search bar on the home page.
4. We should be able to filter results based on distance from a specified postcode or town.
5. Search results table should have a new column headed "distance" and should be sortable.