I have a joomla extension installed called Sobi2.
With that I can create an item and assign it to up to 5 different categories. Nice.
So when I go into the detail-view of such an item in the frontend I can see for instance
an unordered list with all the assigned categories (as links).
(Because there´s this: <?php echo HTML_SOBI::getMyCategories($mySobi, true);?>
in the template.)
********************* So what do I want? **************
But what I want is: that I can have let´s say a "special" category.
So in the backend I would like a mask which allows me to choose any category and make it "special".
So when an item gets assigned to different "usual" categories they are shown in the front-end in the "first line" (links). (as usual)
And when this item also gets assigned to "special" categories (or any of it´s sub-categories)
these should be standing in the next line (apart from the other categories) in the front-end. (but also linked)
I have some experience in php, html, and css myself, so I know that it really doesn´t take longer than some hours to maybe to
- install joomla 1.5 on your localhost,
- install Sobi2 (the actual version)
- make a menulink to a Sobi categorie fill in that code above and click till you get the detail-view...a.s.o.
- than take a look at the filestructure of that Sobi2 and locate the class and function which is responsible...
- extend the php code which already is there with the functionality to let the visitor in the frontend see the linked categorynames which are "special" not in the first line with the others which are special "but in the second line"
- as I see it there only has to one extra colum in the databasetable to store the information if a category is special or not
If your are structured you would probably make an extra plugin for the Sobi2
if not it doesn´t matter, as long as it works.
If that takes longer than 6 hours I gonna fly a broomstick.
There´s a search-function which belongs to that Sobi2 extension, too.
- You can type-in a word and the word will be searched for as fulltext.
( but if the word is for instance the name of a category the search result is:
word not found or no results )
I want a change of code or plugin for the Sobi2 (not for joomla) which extends the search function of the Sobi2.
So I could activate that new feature in the Sobi2 back-end.
And then in the front-end search mask there would be an extra radio-button with some text saying:
"only search for categoryname like that".
When selected the usual fulltext-search would be bypassed...
And the visitor can type in a word and search if there is an existing categoryname similar to that word.
If that takes longer than 2 hours I gonna fly a broomstick.
After the changes have been made by the able programmer
the linked categories still have to lead to their categories-view (of course) .
And it shouldn´t matter if the Joomla-SEF-Urls or any other functions are turned on or of. All just has to work.
It can´t be too difficult.