I'm a freelance translator and need a simple but good job tracking tool. I also need to invoice straight from the job tracking spreadsheet.
Things I need:
- track jobs that come in
- choose job type from drop-down menu
- choose client from drop-down menu
- choose contact person from drop-down menu dependent on client menu
- see when job is due (ideally able to show this on a calendar somehow!)
- conditional formatting showing me when jobs are due soon or overdue
- create invoice from job data + client data (name, address) - possibly using list boxes or combo boxes?
- list date + amount paid for invoice
- be able to create reports from data (e.g. how many invoices overdue, how much $ made in month x, etc.)
Things I'd like to have (not necessary, but would be great)
- I want to be able to see the name of each job on my calendar on the date that it's due (ical or google calendar)
- I also want to be able to estimate the number of hours for each job, and have excel calculate which jobs I can fit into one day!
Integration with Mac address book:
- If I put a client name in (e.g.) cell A2, say 'John Smith', I want Excel to get information from the Mac application 'Address Book' to populate the Address Field, Postcode etc.
- This means I don't have to enter it manually.
- The next step would be to make an invoice from this client information.
My operating system: Mac OSX 10.6.7
It doesn't need to be very big - I might be wrong, but I estimate someone with a lot of excel programming experience would only need a couple of hours.
I've attached my draft workbook as a guide - it's pretty dodgy (that's why I'm asking the experts! :) )
Thanks and kind regards,