| The website would be an application for scheduling web crawlers, storing the results, and analyzing the results. More detailed information will be shared with qualified bidders.
OBJECTIVE: Development of new site
FEATURES TO INCLUDE: User login/registration, Discussion Forum, Database, Web-administration, Form handling, Database driven HTML template, Other (specified below)
DESCRIPTION OR SIMILAR WEBSITES: Website will have several functions
Portal for user login
1: Running/scheduling web crawlers to grab product catalog data from the web. Require suggestions on what is the best way to design web crawlers for use in this interface, i.e. .exe files or something else. Would be great if company could support designing web crawlers.
2: Storage of data from web crawlers: Expect gigabytes of data over time
3: Analysis of data through reporting including customized lists of products to compare, several report templates, downloading data to excel or csv. Please suggest how this could be done, business objects, excel links, etc.
4. Optional, would like to compare like products, ie no exact product match but fuzzy logic shows 100 count of aspirin = aspirin 100ct for cross catalog comparison sake
5. Ability to update cross reference files: Sku to SKU, Manufacturer master, a manufacturer translation
6. Ability to capture and display images |
| **Employer Questions:** | (1) Have you created websites like this in the past?
(2) Do you have experience creating web crawlers?
(3) Do you have experience with SQL server and reporting off of sql server through a web interface? |
LEVEL OF DESIGN WORK: GUI
CLIENT SIDE PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE TO USE: Not sure - developer should suggest
SERVER SIDE PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE TO USE: .Net
PREFERRED DATABASE: SQL Server
PREFERRED OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows XP
TECH SUPPORT REQUIRED: Other (specified below)
TECH SUPPORT REQUIRED (IF OTHER): Ongoing
CLIENTS EXPERIENCE: I have general knowledge about what I need
HOSTING REQUIRED: Yes
Please use message board for clarification, will post clarification for all to see
Approximate start date of the project after selecting a bid
Within one month
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
sql server or sql lite if possible