We are looking for visual basic 6 coders, who can develop a vb6 front end to our chess engine (no interface required, no chess logic required). Must have:
- Full screen
- drag and drop pieces
- entire look and feel to tie in with current web design ([[url removed, login to view]])
- promotion dialog window
- flexible lay out (like photoshop, with moveable windows)
- save load state (look and feel, lay out, pieces, theme)
- no menus (have tool skinned toolbar)
- board set-up (form - place pieces anywhere on the board, reset board to opening position, reset to empty (just the two kings)
- flip board (white bottom or black at bottom)
- change pieces (select 2D pieces)
- change tile colours (select palette)
- change tile texture (select dialogue)
- clock form (for timer)
- player registration (form)
- minimize to task-tray (with icon change on special event, and pop up to announce status change)
- 3 board sizes (mini160X160, medium320*320,large 640*640)
- "who's turn" indicator
- multiple boards can be displayed (forms)
- main form is just the background and synchronising logic (background pattern see website)
- game feel (no standard grey components!)
- save on exit (forms, set selected,...)
- select computer opponent
- define computer opponent
- select opening
- welcome screen (inc ability to play short movie)
- print dialog including selected board positions and annotation no print logic
- must be resolution independent! (support 800*600*16 all the way through to 1600*1200)
- must be language independent (ie English language resource)
I expect all of this to be a lot of graphic work (no windows toolbar, but custom look and feel (to minimize form, move from, close form). This is an emergency! FAST Turn around essential.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
4) Daily updates
5) In code docuementation
6) Written Functional Documentation
All windows platforms (16 bit, 32 bit, 64 bit) including win 98, win me, win 2000, win 2003, win NT, win xp prof, win xp home.
Compatible with VB6!