I have a database application constructed using MS Access 10.
The Tables are already designed as well as the necessary queries to assemble the final reporting data. The raw data is input into an excel template and is then imported into Access. Once all the data is input we run a series of queries to assemble the final information for reporting.
What I need is a series of VB Codes that will allow the user to select a Menu Option that will:
1. Import the Excel worksheets to Access. (Will ask the operator for the path and name of the worksheet, via the browse function)
2. Check the imported data - only if the "Workshop Code" is not registered in the "Workshop" Table add a new record.
3. Check the imported data - only if each "Student" is not registered in the "Student" Table add a new record.
4. Append the Workshop data to a third table containing all workshop statistics.
5. For students that are attending their second or third workshops etc, check that the stored demographics are the same as the new record just imported and if they contain additional information, update the main student record.
Once the above is completed there should be a Menu System that will allow us to call the various queries that allow us to run pre-set queries that allow for detailed analysis. These queries are already designed and functioning.
If possible I would like to be able to give them menu picks that will allow them to provide variables to a group or set queries that will let them select or filter data to their specs. e.g. Select all workshops that where run at a specific campus or all workshops of a certain type or by semester, quarter etc. All of these categories are resident fields in the tables.