Web Scraper project scope:
Fully functioning web scraper, that:
- Executes locally on any local personal computer running Windows or MacOSX, with internet access;
- Takes a list of numbers provided by the user in a txt. file;
- Pulls all data entries associated with each entry from a Public website, and stores all entries into an organized Microsoft Excel workbook which is saved locally on local personal computer`s harddrive automatically, except that it
- presents all CAPTCHA Turing tests for entry in a window, and resumes scraping as described above after entry of the CAPTCHA challenge.
- pulls all .pdfs or other document files linked to each entry in the file history;
- saves each .pdf or other document file in a folder automatically named with the entry number; and
- within a higher level file, named by the user at the beginning of the scraping session.
Documentation explaining the function of each part of the web scraper software will be provided by the programmer. Please let us know if you have any questions, we look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.