I would like to convert an existing website developed using a custom MVC framework, to CodeIgniter. Because this was a custom development, besides the MVC structure, there isn't a solid framework supporting development which I would like to move away from. CodeIgniter is the preferred MVC Framework to migrate to as it is very flexible and applications can be written very quickly. (eg) a basic Blog system can be written in 30 minutes
The current features of the website using the custom MVC framework are:
- single-user blog (without commenting)
- MailChimp newsletter integration
- basic help desk script using e-mail piping
- basic e-commerce shopping cart using the [url removed, login to view] gateway
- https for e-commerce transactions
There will be ongoing and long-term development work required once the website has been migrated.
A few high expectations are that you:
- are highly proficient with CodeIgniter and MVC Frameworks
- write clean, commented and secure code
- are fast to develop and accommodate changes
- think outside the square and are creative
- able to suggest optimizations and tweaks to improve functionality and performance
- honest, dedicated and can manage your time
Please use the PMB for any questions, show me your portfolio of CodeIgniter projects and tell me which hours you are online with which software (Skype, etc.).