RFP / Request for Proposal – Web Design
Prepared by: Jason Lamb
1. DESCRIPTION, PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES OF WEB SITE
• This web site will be a Social Networking portal (similar to FB) with the scope, potential, and built-in structure to support at least 1,000,000 users upon launching. It will contain within it customized software to do real-time and online marking-up of documents in a chat room-style window that can be seen by all users in the room. (Contact for more information on this concept.) The site will be in three languages: Arabic, English, and Japanese. It will also need to support paid memberships, chat rooms, video links, uploading of podcasts/mp3s, possible Flash/Shockwave, all requiring an extensive database.
2. BUDGET & FUNDING
• Our company is currently in the process of fundraising. In terms of a price & budget for the site we are looking for $16,000+ USD. If you choose to reply with a higher or lower price than shown please indicate why and you will still be considered.
• If you can provide in your proposal any rates that would be added upon a base fee this would be very helpful as well.
3. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• My company (upon first payment) must own, have full access to and have the right to customize site code.
Terms for proposal:
• Proposals should be addressed/delivered to ‘Jason Lamb’. Proposals should be received by email (in PDF or [url removed, login to view] format) no later than midnight of July 7th, 2010.
• All proposals must include a statement of authorization to bid signed by a principal of the responding company
• All proposals must use the proposal format outlined in this RFP
• Parties submitting separate proposals may not discuss pricing information or they will be ineligible to bid on the project
• Bidder status: bidder must disclose any relevant conflicts of interest and/or pending lawsuits.
BACKGROUND OF COMPANY
• I (Jason Lamb) and Brendan Lanza are business partners creating a start-up online company.
• The audience and average user of the site will be those interested in owning a business and finding key relationships to do this, funding of entrepreneurial efforts, networking for leads, and building relationships worldwide (Social Media style) so they may develop their personal image, find business opportunities, and expand their small company.
• The site will be accessible through paid membership and require that each user has a log-in and profile.
6. STAFF RESOURCES
• Please indicate in your proposal who your project manager is and any other relevant point of contacts.
7. FORMAT FOR PROPOSALS
Please follow this format below:
A. Web development process: explain the process you will follow to build the Web site, including major milestones and evaluation
B. Address usability standards and testing
C. Address any important technology information and specifications used in your solution (languages, platform, etc.)
D. Organizational structure: communication process; including lines of reporting and any special tools used.
E. Schedule of deliverables; include major milestones and testing proposal.
F. Break down cost by production hours, tools and functionalities
G. Maintenance and support: ID any costs that should be assumed as part of the site and ongoing costs for maintenance and support we need in the future.
H. License fees: ID the costs we will need to pay to develop or host the site.
I. Hosting: ID whether we must or are highly encouraged to host with your company. If hosting is provided as an option or requirement, provide pricing options.
J. Training and Style Guide: ID costs to train our staff (if needed) to use site tools and provide a style guide.
K. Other charge areas: Please ID whether there will be other expenses, consulting fees, future work, etc. to complete this project.
M. Qualifications and Experience: relevant case histories with information on accessing online demos or examples
N. Biographies of all who will work on account
O. Professional references.
38 freelancers are bidding on average $12874 for this job
We are very skilled designers and developers and we can do your project with your entire satisfaction.. please see your pmb for some of our samples... thanks webzin team