I run a small niche real estate listings site. Currently the site runs on flat html basis with some usage of PHP file includes. I want to move it to the next functional level and add MySQL Database and add the following basic functions.
1) MySQL Database Driven – All content to be stored in a standard MySQL database for which I will provide the database fields/layouts.
2) FSBO Listings – A property owner must be able to quickly create an email login/password [verified by email], and once created and logged in the user must be able to easily add up to 3 properties [with photos] to the database. Initially the charge will be €0, but in the future will charge so this must be accommodated.
3) Estate Agent Listings – Real Estate Agents must be able to quickly create a unique email login / password [verified by email] and add as many listings as they wish. Initially the fee will be $0, but the ability to charge an annual fee will be required. Also, Estate Agents must have the ability to add up their properties easily via simple pre-formatted Excel file which will provide link URLS to the properties images. The Estate Agents must be able to upload the file and confirm the properties have uploaded correctly into their account.
4) Users – Site Visitors must have the ability to easily add their favourite properties to their account. An account is created by using their email as a login and a verification email is sent to them to confirm the email is valid. Once an account is setup they can add their favourite properties details to their basket/favourites list.
o CSS Layout – I use a simple CSS layout at present and the script must integrate with that CSS layout. If the provider can enhance this simple design graphically this would be seen as a significant plus.
o HOME PAGE
a. LEFT SIDEBAR – Will list all the areas we have properties available in. It must be possible to easily customize the SELECT statement to specify whether to list by County, Town, City etc Important; blank areas are not listed … so as each property is added to the database a check to update the flag for that area must be done.
b. FEATURED PROPERTIES – Properties with the Featured Flag will be listed/displayed
c. LATEST PROPERTIES – Latest added properties, check to ensure flag disabling the home page listing is not on for the relevant property.
o LOCATION PAGES
a. Users may browse pages of properties by location – County –> Town/City –> Suburb/Village -> Street and relevant dynamically generated [search engine friendly] pages must be generated for each location in the database.
o SEARCH FUNCTION
a. Users will be able to search by Location, Price, Number of Beds and the script must generate dynamic pages of results accordingly. Also the results must be quick and if necessary spread over a number of pages if more than 10 results come back.
o PROPERTY DETAIL PAGE
a. When the user clicks through to the property details page they will be able to see the full property details, location and images on one search engine friendly page. Standard listings will have up to 3 photos, display will show smaller versions and user can click to see full picture in popup window.
b. Featured Listings will have the ability to add up to 15 photographs.
6) ADMIN FUNCTIONS
a. SEARCH ENGINE FRIENDLY - every page must be indexable by the search engines. The admin script must allow us control the Metatags, titles, with dynamic header and footer menus for each page type.
b. UPDATES – It must be possible for the administrator to update each property record , user records, estate agent records, new locations, categories etc from the admin backend
c. ADD – Administrator must have the ability to add properties, users, estate agents, fsbo listings, new locations, categories etc from the admin backend
d. DELETE - Administrator must have the ability to delete properties, users, estate agents, fsbo listings, new locations, categories etc from the admin backend
e. FEATURED – Administrator must have ability to set a FEATURED flag on a property to highlight it on the home page. Also the administrator must have the ability to set a flag to switch off a property appearing on the home page, while remaining on the detail pages.
a. The PHP code must be commented with clear notes explaining each non-standard function
b. An overall Structure diagram and brief document describing the various modules of the script will be required to ensure effective handover when completed.
1. Image uploads - must be checked for size to ensure they are less than 150K. Ideally if we can reduce files that are too big automatically that would be a plus. Admin must have ability to add bigger images if required but user images must be limited by size or reduced automatically.
2. Existing Site – When the winning bidder is selected I will show them the existing site and it will help a lot to understand clearly the requirements and CSS layout.
3. Price Sensitive – I am a programmer myself and so I could do this work, but time needed on other projects is the issue for me. I am really hoping this job can be done cost effectively here, great … but if price is too high it makes more sense for me to do this work myself.
- ONLY RESPOND if you can complete this project in the next 14 days
- Please respond to the key requirements above point by point
indicating your proposed solution.
- Please include similar sites you have developed in your response.
- PLEASE DO NOT PROVIDE A STANDARD RESPONSE LISTING LOTS OF SITES NOT
RELEVANT TO THIS PROJECT. ALL SUCH RESPONSES WILL BE DELETED.
- Platform must be PHP, MySQL database to run on Apache/Linux Server.
- The ability to handle XML feeds and automatically provide RSS
updates to subscribers would be distinct advantages. A built in
automated external Link addition/checking script would also be an