We have an existing WP site that needs some minor functionality fixes, as well as new features. Apart from looking for a freelancer who could solve these issues, we would like to establish a long term relationship with a contractor who would become our technical contact. Our site has been online for 14 years and we publish IT content in Spanish.
The contractor we are looking for must have full knowledge of WordPress CMS.
We need to solve the following issues:
1. Bulletproof plugin is generating an error (eventually, we could install a different security plugin).
2. Social networks icons are not working properly.
3. Newsletter has to be activated (with AWS SES). Note that we will also require assistance in migrating our site from AWS to another hosting service.
4. Creating a favicon.
5. Several minor adjustments (for instance: change of fonts, image size in search results, create fields for two new categories of posts, etc.).
6. Install Mixmind (Geo IP database) in the server. As of today, we use Mixmind web based queries, but need to change it into DB queries.
7. Optimize the site speed, find bugs and remove unnecessary processes (for instance, optimize queries for most popular posts).
8. The freelancer we are looking for must be familiar with the AdRotate plugin. We need to activate 3 banners, as an urgent matter (this would be the first task).
9. We would like to know your views on the site design, and suggest improvements.
10. Considering that our site is currently hosted at Amazon Web Services, you would need to be familiar with AWS as well. We have a direct support line to AWS, that you could use if needed.
11. Upgrade to WP 3.5.1 (you would be free to change the interface from its current Spanish version into English).
Kindly contact us if you already know these plugins and could start working immediately: AdRotate 184.108.40.206 Professional, BulletProof, Maxmind.
26 freelancers are bidding on average $574 for this job