In no particular order, here are the primary requirements:
This is a new project - Basically a document (PDF) management website that uses OCR to catalog the metadata and contents of the documents and allows searching of all this data. I was thinking of Ruby on Rails, but again this project is in the planning stages so this could be done otherwise.
- there are three basic levels of permission: guest, member, admin (although it might be more flexible to assign each user permissions for each action instead of having permissions grouped together)
- allow users to self-manage their account: password reset, updated password and/or name and email address
- allow admins to manage users: create/update/change permissions/remove users (self registration is not needed)
- documents are multi-page PDF files containing articles (mostly text)
- OCR and pulling text from the PDF itself should be used to store full text/metadata about each document in a searchable (elastic search?) format
- document metadata fields should be defined through the website by a permitted user
- document metadata should be modifiable by permitted users for manual corrections and setting data
- documents can be added to the site (by permitted users) through multiple methods like upload in browser (single PDF or ZIP file), upload with FTP, send as attachment to special email address, or other methods to add in the future. Initially just the upload in the browser is important, but being able to add their existing documents will also be important (which is pretty similar in function to the “upload with FTP” method)
- guests (anyone) should be able to search the documents based on their metadata. the search should have a “basic” form thats just a single text field that searches all/the important fields and there should also be an “advanced” form that allows search specific metadata fields (like author, date published, and other metadata fields)
- permitted users should also be able to view the document in the browser (using [url removed, login to view] or similar) and download the raw PDF
I was thinking of doing this in RoR using the following : twitter bootstrap, jquery, [url removed, login to view], devise, cancancan, docsplit. The specific implementation is not important as long as its relatively easy to setup and maintain. Client already has a Redhat-based system with Plesk, so ideally it would run on that, but they are not opposed to running a small, cheap VM somewhere as a dedicated application server (using something like digital ocean or linode).
If you would, please let me know a project time table, hours expected of work, and cost for the project?
Bu iş için 19 freelancer ortalamada $3216 teklif veriyor
Dear Sir, I have read your Project Description and fully understood all the features mentioned by you but my only concern is that would you be flexible in the programming language? Because we do not have any ROR dev Daha Fazla
1. Vollks Australian Online Store In these days we are complete re-designing and reimplementing an online store for our Australian client in which we are using X-Cart latest stable release to implement his all require Daha Fazla
====================== Hi, I am following up and looking forward to have a reply in regards to my last message. Also did you see my 90+ reviews and 100+ projects won in our profile because on the project page free Daha Fazla
Hello We went through project description very well .We are professional website design and development company operating in UK and India. We have 8 years of experience in web/mobile design and [url removed, login to view] provide d Daha Fazla
We have done similar work according to your requirement. Please take a look on our efforts: [url removed, login to view] [url removed, login to view] [url removed, login to view] [url removed, login to view] Daha Fazla
Hello, I have an experience of more than 4 years in web development and maintenance. I have in-depth knowledge of php, mysql, jquery, paypal integrations, API's, css, html, html5. Our team is experienced, creativ Daha Fazla
Please check this sites(Ruby on Rail) ========================== Social Marketplace site(use the postgresql, bootstrap, integrate the paypal, stripe) [url removed, login to view] ======================= Social dating sit Daha Fazla
Hi there! We are a team of developers and our main area is the eCommerce solutions. Please check our website for details [url removed, login to view] and portfolio [url removed, login to view] Daha Fazla
Hi there , We have analysed your Initial requirement and thoroughly understood what you are looking [url removed, login to view] on our initial analysis we would like to go for detailed discussion with you because we have some queries a Daha Fazla
Hello! We are a US company with an 13 year history of developing cloud-based custom software solutions for a diverse client list. Our rapid development platform is able to save our clients significant time and money. A Daha Fazla
Hello! I can design a streamlined, polished and responsive website for you that will exceed your expectations. Here are some websites I have worked on: [url removed, login to view] [url removed, login to view] [url removed, login to view] Daha Fazla
Hi, Thanks for your consideration, if you would like to discuss the project further do get in touch and I’ll give you a call. Thanks, Mark ([url removed, login to view])
Hello, I have seen your description carefully. I can know what you want now. I am very skilled in this field. I am ready to start work. Let's discuss more. Thanks.
Hi, I don't want to bother you with those standards offers.. so I will be going straight to the point. I'm leading an efficient team ready to make a good job for this project, so please give me more details about your Daha Fazla
Hello...Would you can just click on discuss button and start chat with me..Would you like,Discuss project with [url removed, login to view] can negotiate about price,time and work. ... Let me do it......I am software engineer....Thank you..